Diehard Nintendo fans will be happy to see the Nintendo NYC store re-opening, but they're going to be faced with several restrictions if they'd like to shop in person.
Nintendo made the announcement (highlighted on ResetEra) earlier today. The Nintendo NYC store re-opening is going to have a slew of restrictions, however — customers won't just be able to waltz in.
Here are the requirements for visiting the Nintendo NYC store:
- A Nintendo Account is required to register.
- Reservations must be booked in advance.
- Reservations are limited to one person and one guest per reservation.
- Shopping time may not exceed 30 minutes.
- Customers must maintain safe practices including wearing masks and social distancing.
- Anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 or may be exhibiting symptoms is asked not to attend.
If you do manage to get in, there will be some upsides — you'll be able to get your hands on a Nintendo Switch. Unlike most other retailers, Nintendo has the sense to instill a purchase limit — customers may only purchase a single Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite console during their visit.
When is the Nintendo NYC Store Re-Opening?
If you're keen on picking up a Switch or you'd just like to check out some of Nintendo's latest offerings, the Nintendo NYC Store re-opening may be your best chance at doing that. When will the store open back up?
According to the announcement, the store will be opening in its limited capacity on August 7, 2020. You can make your reservations for August 7–9, 2020, at the Nintendo Store website.
Read more about how the COVID-19 novel coronavirus is affecting the gaming world at our Coronavirus Gaming Convention Cancellations and Game Delays Hub.
Are you happy to see the Nintendo NYC Store re-opening? When do you think we'll see a return to normalcy? Let us know in the comments below!