Koch Media, the home for the likes of Deep Silver, Flying Wild Hog, and more now has a new label it will be publishing games through, Prime Matter. Prime Matter is focused on gathering diverse developers from around the globe to produce games of all sizes, from indie to AAA.
In a press release, Koch Media described Prime Matter as the culmination of their 25 years of experience in the industry. All they've learned and the tools at their disposal is being wrapped up in Prime Matter, which is dedicated to maximizing the potential of their partners.
Where some labels may be more known for a certain style of game, Prime Matter has no limitations on what they're interested in pursuing. They are just looking for games that people will be interested in, whether they come from newcomers to the industry or old veterans.
In their words, Prime Matter will "work across projects of all styles, scopes and sizes, from producing, to publishing, from ambitious upcomers taking their first step that need full support without compromising their dream, to larger established studios searching that next step in the global market and building of brands."
Of course, the most exciting news to come from this announcement has to be all the games coming to the label. There are a lot of games and franchises we already know, but Prime Matter is launching with some new games of their own too.
Here's the games we know already:
- Payday 3
- Planned to release sometime in 2023.
- King's Bounty II
- Releases August 24th.
- Wasteland 3
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance (and Warhorse Studios' next game, yet to be announced)
- Phoenix Point
- Iron Harvest
- Gungrave G.O.R.E.
- Set for sometime in 2022.
- Releasing September of this year.
- Set for sometime in 2022.
And here's the newly announced games:
- Crossfire: Legion
- An RTS set in the world of Crossfire. It's being developed by Blackbird Interactive, the team behind Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
- Releasing sometime next year.
- Codename Final Form (working title)
- An FPS set in an original sci-fi universe, you take on the role of the humanoid avatar of a sentient spaceship. You race ahead of a plague to protect the last celestial being, essence of life and creation.
- Developed by Reikon Games, the team behind Ruiner. Check out the teaser here.
- The Last Oricru
- An Action RPG set in a mixed sci-fi/medieval world on a distant planet. You arrive to find a planet in the middle of war, with several factions fighting it out. The story changes dramatically depending on which faction(s) you have a good reputation with. That can change on a dime as well, with opportunities to betray your current allies all around.
- Developed by GoldKnights, it's planned to release in 2022,
- The Chant
- A third person action psychological horror game that takes place at a spiritual retreat. Psychological horrors are made real on a remote island in the Pacific Northwest. Battle those horrors in atypical ways, using spiritual and occult items you craft on the item.
- Developed by Brass Token, The Chant is set to release Q2 2022
- Scars Above
- A third person shooter set in a horrific sci-fi world, you'll be exploring a planet as a scientist and astronaut recently stranded on it. With plenty of strange aliens around, you'll fight to survive and learn more about the planet.
- Developed by Mad Head Games, Scars Above is set for 2022.
- Echoes of the End
- A third person action-adventure set in a unique fantasy world. You play as Ryn, who has the ability to manipulate matter aand the world around her. Echoes of the End will be strongly focused on its story and the lore of its world.
- Developed by Mykur Games using Unreal Engine 5.
- A new game in the Painkiller series
- No info on this yet, other than it's in development by Saber Interactive.
Koch Media will be showing Prime Matter's new games during their primetime stream on June 11th at 12:00pm pacific.