New Details about Sackboy and Destruction AllStars have been revealed today, detailing special editions for the game along with their launch pricing.
Sackboy: A Big Adventure is a brand new game featuring the hero from LittleBigPlanet that's making a simultaneous debut on PS4 and PS5 when the console launches this November. This game takes the iconic character and puts you (and your friends!) into an epic 3D platformer experience.
On the other side of the aisle, Destruction AllStars pledges to give you tons of high-speed fun with a wonderfully colorful destruction derby featuring equally colorful characters. Now, new details about these two games have been revealed — including what's coming in their special editions.
Sackboy Gets a PS4-Exclusive Special Edition
Sackboy: A Big Adventure is wrapping up production as we head towards its November release, but the developers are still tinkering with the game up until the very last minute. That said, a lot of details have already been locked in.
Players will be able to use over 60 costumes as they discover them throughout the game. Costume pieces can be mixed and matched to further enhance your style. You'll be able to dive into this game by yourself or with a friend.
If you do decide to pick up this game, you'll have some choices for your purchase. Players on both platforms can get the Digital Deluxe Edition, but Sony has also made a strange move here: the PS4 is getting a Special Edition that won't be available for the PS5.
Firstly, here's what's included with both editions of the game according to the PlayStation Blog:
- A digital art book showcasing the beautiful, crafted worlds of Sackboy and the weird and wonderful creatures that inhabit them.
- A digital soundtrack featuring an eclectic selection of tracks from the game.
- 4 x Sackboy costumes of PlayStation icons which you can use to customise your Sackboy:
- Jin from Ghost of Tsushima
- Sam Porter Bridges form Death Stranding
- Connor from Detroit Become Human
- Deacon St. John from Days Gone
- 4 x Sackboy emotes based on each PlayStation icon mentioned above to show off to your friends.
- 20 x Sackboy avatars wearing different costumes from the game.
On top of that, PS4 players can get the Special Edition instead; this will give you a physical copy of the game's art book and a super-adorable Sackboy plush to stick on a shelf somewhere.
Destruction AllStars Reveals Hero Abilities
As for Destruction AllStars, we unfortunately don't have much in the way of new video to show. However, Lucid Games has been able to detail the various heroes you can play in the image above. They've also detailed a selection of the character's abilities in a post on the PlayStation Blog.
Character Abilities Snapshot
- Shyft – Uses cloaking technology to go invisible and take over vehicles before his opponents notice.
- Ultimo Barricado – Become invulnerable to incoming attacks, from vehicles and characters.
- Lupita – Drops trails of fire that causes burning damage to vehicle and KO characters.
- Boxtop – Spawns parcels that buff team mates and deal explosive damage enemies.
Hero Vehicle Snapshot
- Sabre (Hana’s Vehicle) – Deploy a blade along the length of the vehicle and slice opponents in half.
- The Undisputed (Ultimo’s Vehicle) – Activate an immense shield and become an unstoppable force in the arena.
- Callisto (Genesis’ Vehicle) – Ignite rocket boosters for a burst of speed, causing massive damage to your opponents.
- Mr Sparkles (Tw!nlkeR1ot’s Vehicle) – Enter Rampage as you hit harder with every Slam.
Destruction AllStars will feature custom-built Arenas for multiplayer and singleplayer on launch, but that's just the start. After launch, new game modes (and twists on existing game modes) will debut alongside new features.
Naturally, this game will also have a Digital Deluxe Edition. This one will include the following:
- 10,000 AllStar Coins in-game currency
- Exclusive character emote
- Legendary Crow Skin for Lupita
- Profile banner set
- In-game avatars set
You'll be able to grab Sackboy and Destruction AllStars when they launch in November 2020. That is, if you can get your hands on a PS5.
Are you looking forward to Sackboy and Destruction AllStars? Which of the two games would you like to play the most? Let us know in the comments below!