A series of six Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord horses have been revealed in a recent blog post. Much like the previous game in the franchise, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will feature a variety of different horses that each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
While Mount & Blade: Warband has a handful of breeds used by all of the game's cultures, the new Bannerlord horses are strictly assigned to each of the game's six cultures.
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Horse Breeds
- Desert Horse (Aserai): A good combination of stats makes for the perfect warhorse, but the fine breeding makes for a higher purchase price than other options.
- Highland Pony (Battania): A robust breed of horse that can withstand the harsh conditions of the Battanian mountains.
- Saddle Horse (Empire): Big, strong horses that are well-suited to carrying armored riders.
- Steppe Horse (Khuzait): These horses are not particularly large and are ill-suited for charging, but they can turn on a dime.
- Sturgian Horse (Sturgia): The Sturgians tend to eschew cavalry, so their horses are bred to be used as scouts and light cavalry.
- Vlandian Horse (Vlandia): While lacking in agility, the Vlandian Horse can charge right into the midst of battle and survive for a decently long time.
These six Bannerlord horses are not the only animals that players will be able to ride in the game. Technically, each of these breeds can trained as more expensive war horses, allowing for 12 options in total. Pack horses and mules will also be available in the game, along with camels.
And that's that! We got some neat news about horses for Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord. You can see pictures of the six new types of horse in the Steam News post on the subject. Unfortunately, we still don't have a release date for the game just yet. Here's hoping that the multiplayer skirmish mode that was recently announced is a sign that the game is nearing completion.
What do you think of the six new Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord horses? Do you have a particular favorite among all of the choices? Let us know in the comments below!