A set of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare new maps and game modes have been uncovered by dataminers. These new maps and game modes include a mix of fan favorites along with some interesting new twists for players to enjoy.
Let's start with the maps — this Call of Duty: Modern Warfare new maps list has a staggering 38 multiplayer maps uncovered in the game code by dataminers and cataloged on the /r/modernwarfare subreddit. Here is the list of maps, separated by category:
- Cage (
- Cargo (
- Hook (
- Exclusion Zone (
- Shoot House (
- Aniyah Tac (
- Crash (
- Dam (
- Krovnik Farmland (
- Gulag (
- Hospital (
- Layover (
- Lowline (
- Lumber (
- Malyshev (
- Milbase (
- Oasis (
- Port (
- Prison (
- Rivne (
- Shipment (
- Shipmight (Day) (
- Shipment (Night) (
- Slums (
- Stadium (
- Sub Base (
- Super (
- Urzikstan (
- Torez (
- Transit (
- TV Station (
- Faridah (
- Rust (
- Takedown (
- Borderline (
- Smetna Farms (
- Gun Course (
- Marksman Range (
As always, bear in mind that these datamined maps being listed doesn't necessarily mean that they will be released for the game; any one of these locations could ultimately end up as cut content. These new maps weren't the only thing that dataminers discovered, though — they also found nearly two dozen new multiplayer game mode.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare New Maps Joined by 23 Multiplayer Game Modes
In addition to the new maps listed above, dataminers have also found 23 multiplayer game modes which were listed in a separate thread on /r/modernwarfare.
As before, here's the list of new potential game modes:
- Showdown (+ Hardcore) (
- Onslaught (
- Incursion (
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (
- Breach (
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg)
- Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege)
- Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby)
- Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy's base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic)
- Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz)
- Take your team's flag into the enemy team's base.
- Infected (gametype_infect)
- Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt)
- Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun)
- Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind)
- Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone)
- Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo)
- Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef)
- Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr)
- Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf)
- Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm)
- Eliminate enemies, capture HQ's and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault)
- Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon)
- Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
It bears repeating: just because dataminers have uncovered these new game modes doesn't mean that we'll be getting all of them. We can't say for sure if or when they'll be released, although there are certainly some interesting new ways to play in the mix.
What do you think of the list of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare new maps and game modes? Do you have any particular favorites in the bunch? Let us know in the comments below!