Third-party developers have released quite a few interesting Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons today, including an aircraft and a couple of airports.
Before we move to said releases, Blue Bird Simulations confirmed that it will release a freighter variant of its Boeing 757, but it will be a separate paid expansion to the passenger models. More information will come after the initial release, but the developer plans to give the cargo variant "a lot of attention."
Swissmilsim released the vintage jet fighter-bomber de Havilland DH 112 Venom. It's currently available on Simmarket for $25 plus applicable VAT.
Below you can check out a list of official features and a trailer.
- flight model tested by former Venom pilots in the Swiss Air Force
- cockpit entirely realized in 3D
- 100% MSFS native animation code
- 3 different lightings by potentiometers
- reactor fire modeling:
- in case of too rapid gas increase
- if the reactor is operated at full power for an extended period of time
- compression effect
- pre-stall buffeting effect
- consumption according to the curves of the original manual
- speeds corresponding to the flight tests of the time
- visible wing flexibility at high G-forces
- ground steering with differential brakes (see manual!)
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) textures, MSFS mod
- armament not yet available
Moving on to airports, AMSim and Beautiful Model of the World jointly released Memphis International Airport (KMEM) in the United States. Besides including both civilian and military operations, it's one of the most active freight airports in the world due to being FedEx's main hub.
It's available for $22.83 on Orbx Direct. Here's what you can expect.
- Animated Jetways
- Custom ground markings
- High-resolution custom ground textures, dirt and other details
- Surrounding buildings fully modeled
- Detailed terminal interior
- Parallax windows
- Airlines codes assigned to each parking
- Fully compatible with FSLTL traffic
Last, but not least, Airworthy Designs released Gustaf III Airport serving the island of Saint Barthélemy in the Caribbean.
- Whole island modeled! Including; The port of gustavia , the industrial zone and residential areas
- Correct mesh modeling: The default mesh for the area was incorrect, making the final approach unrealistic compared the the real approach, extra attention made in this area to ensure accuracy
- Full terminal modeling: Both interior and exteriors have been recreated to the minute of detail
- Night Lighting
- Dynamic flag animations
- FPS friendly
- Correct apron layout and markings (up to 2022 publications)
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we host daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim.