Third-party developers revealed new assets of upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator and released two relevant airports.
Speaking specifically of the Tornado, here are a couple of screenshots of a low-level flight over the English countryside. Before some of you start chasing us with pitchforks, NO it is obviously not the final GR.1 model... this is our generic IDS model.
REST ASSURED we will add the missing details!
Speaking of variants, we have received a lot of requests for an F3 / ADV model - we are sorry but at the moment it will not be part of the package, which will "only" include the IDS, GR.1 and ECR models.
While the ADV is cool and all (and had some great liveries) it is structurally quite different from the other variants, and we want to stay focused on those (let alone the fact that the F.3/ADV is not documented as well as the other variants).
Maybe this will change in future, but do not expect this to be part of the initial release.
At the moment, the package structure is in place and the external model is finished - except for the payload and the model variations which should not take long to complete.
We are moving forward with the cockpit - as we told in a previous post, we were not happy with the quality our 3D assets and we have decided to redo pretty much everything. It was a painful decision, but we think it was the right one.
HOPEFULLY we should be able to show you the pilot cockpit in a couple of weeks.
Our current BEST estimate is that a Beta may be ready sometime in early September.
Moving on to releases, Pyreegue launched its East Midlands Airport (EGNX) in the UK. It's currently available on Contrail for €23,79 and it'll come for Xbox as well on the official marketplace at some time in the future. Here's what it promises.
- Bespoke LiDAR Scanned Digital Terrain Elevation Model that captures all the unique features of local terrain, including the runway
- Latest Satellite Imagery covering the airport and surrounding areas, including Donington Park
- Custom Ground polygons with thousands of markings and accurate weathering
- 2023 layout
- Exquisite Night Lighting
- ATC/AI Traffic integration
- Airline Codes for 3rd Party AI Traffic Integration
- Surrounding areas included: Donington Park Racing Circuit with animated GT vehicles, Ratcliffe Power Station, SEGRO Warehouse Park, EMA Gateway Railway Terminal, Holiday Inn, Radisson Blue, Premier Inn, Leonardo Hotel, Mileway Cargo Centre, TUI Training Facilities, Texaco Fuel Depot, Air Bp Fuel Depot, Aircraft Maintenance Area, Superbike Factory, Donington Park Exhibition Centre and others.
- Animated Skylink Busses
- ATC/OPS Tower interiors
- Static Airliners on stands 8, 11, 16, 33, 43, 101 (Toggleable)
- Dynamic Gate Doors (Requires GSX to function)
- GSX Profile developed by Will Hinshaw
- Ultra performance version included (Without clutter)
- Detailed RKPC airport terminal with interior
- Airport with beautiful night effects
- Detailed Jeju city center
- The tallest building of Jeju : Dream Tower Hotel (Grand Hyatt)
- Many iconic hotels such as Lotte City Hotel, Hotel RegentMarine, Ramada Jeju City Hall, etc
- Some iconic buildings and landmarks on the approach route such as lighthouses, shores, etc
- Jeju cruise terminal buildings
- Jeju city stadium
- More landmarks of Jeju Island will be added in the future
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim.