Third-party developers shared new screenshots of a couple of major airports in the works for Microsoft Flight Simulator while releasing a few more.
We start with Aerosoft, which released new screenshots of its rendition of Oslo Gardermoen Airport (ENGM) serving the capital of Norway.
This airport is being lovingly crafted by Jo Erlend Sund, one of the most skilled developers in the field. The screenshots below will likely provide a good idea of what I mean.
Next, we move to the United States, with a new look at Tampa International Airport (KTPA) by Verticalsim, focusing on the aprons and taxiways.
"The ground poly has had quite a bit of detail put into it, featuring dirt masking to give the airport a look for it's age. You can even tell the difference between old/new poured concrete.
The runways have been make to look as real as possible, things like the grooves in the runway to hold the rain and improve braking performance has been added (locals know about Tampa's intense afternoon T-Storms ).
Aircraft types stop markings are also high-recreated at the gates to the best of my abilities using satellite & IRL photographs. For example, you'll see heavy aircraft markings at Airside F (A330s, 777s, A340s, etc.). Or specific SWA markings at Airside C.
Airport drainage systems have also been brought in to add to the immersion. You'll see them scattered throughout the airport in many different shapes & sizes."
Moving on to releases, Burning Blue Designs has launched Earls Colne Airfield (EGSR) in the UK.
You can purchase this former RAF station turned general aviation airfield for $14.43 on Orbx Direct. It comes with the following features:
- Over 80 custom 3D objects each with full Physical Based Rendering (PBR) textures.
- Based on 2023 layout with accurate runway, taxiways and custom taxi signs
- Full night lighting with Runways lights and accurate APAPI
- Animated hangar doors which close at night (open manually with Taxi Lights - Parking spot 25)
- Completely custom windsock and dynamic animated flags
- Animated spectators
- Ford Ranger Fire & Rescue truck
- High resolution colour corrected ground textures
- R.A.F. and U.S.A.A.F. War Memorial
- The Essex 18 hole golf course and driving range
- Local industrial estate
- Luxury lodges
Another release comes from SiamFlight, and it's Hua Hin Airport (VTPH) in Thailand. Here's what you get by purchasing it on Simmarket for $13.07 plus applicable VAT.
- New extended/expanded runway.
- Iconic Hua Hin Airport slope runway.
- Custom scenery objects for HHQ/VTPH. Terminal, Hanga, CATC, Royal rainmaker center, Hua Hin ATC, and many more.
- The main terminal and CATC spawn points for airplanes, plus 2 for helicopters.
- Air Force and Special Operation Air Wing spawn points.
- Moderate terminal interior details.
- Hand-placed Taxiing Guidance Signs System.
- Hand-placed Taxiways and Runway light system. Taxiways center, Taxiways edge, Runway light system, etc.
- Full Day/Night lighting.
- Many Hua Hin landmark buildings (More to come in a later update).
- Hand-crafted ground markings and textures.
Lastly, Photon Simulations released Portimao Airport (LPPM) in Portugal.
It's available on Simmarket for $13.07 plus applicable VAT.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we host daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim.