Today third-party developers shared news and assets about upcoming aircraft and scenery add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
We start with an announcement from Orbx, and it's version 2 of London City Airport (EGLC) in the UK. This is a much-requested update to the old airport that was released basically at the same time as the simulator in 2020, which is great, as the real airport has changed considerably since then.
Those who have the old version will be asked to pay a "small upgrade fee" but the airport has been completely rebuilt and it's coming soon.
Here's what we can expect and a few screenshots.
- Orbx has been working on a significant upgrade to EGLC London City Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator for quite some time, and we can't wait to share it with you soon!
- EGLC v2 reflects the airport expansion, with its parallel taxiway, new parking stands, and the remote digital control tower. Rebuilt models with ATC tower interiors, new custom ground poly, and much more!
- Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect from EGLC London City Airport:
- Seamless integration with our Landmarks London Product: Take advantage of the stunningly realistic scenery of London's most iconic landmarks for those iconic approaches!
- Completely rebuilt airport: We've reworked every detail of EGLC, including new textures and additional enhancements to all materials.
It's worth mentioning that this is a completely separate project from the version of EGLC announced a few days ago by UK2000 Scenery.
Another announcement comes from NetDesign, and it's In Guezzam Airport in Algeria. It's a small airport served by ATR flights on the border with Niger.
Next, we get another extensive look at the Airbus A330 by Aerosoft, showcasing several liveries and a look at the pedestal of the flight deck.
Last, but not least, Pyreegue showcased a pair of new screenshots of East Midlands Airport (EGNX) in the UK.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and iniBuilds' CEO Ubaid Mussa on the work of the popular third-party developer. If you're interested in reviews, you can check out iniBuilds' New York-JFK Airport, Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport, and RHDSimulations' Boeing 767-300ER.