Third-party developers had news to share about Microsoft Flight Simulator scenery add-ons including a release, a trailer, screenshots, and details.
We start with a trailer of the upcoming Liège Airport (EBLG) in Belgium by MM Simulations, showing off the upcoming cargo-focused hub in all its glory.
Next, we move on to an airport and scenery package that we've been waiting for a long time, and it's AUscene's super-scenic Hamilton Island Airport (YBHM). It's coming this month and the product page has been opened, providing tons of screenshots and all the details we may need (besides the pricing, which is still a placeholder).
- Hand Crafted Rendition of Hamilton and Dent Island for MSFS
- Authentic Representation of the Airport, Resort and Marina
- High Resolution Aerial Imagery
- 1m DEM data which offers the Highest Quality Terrain
- Over 300 custom assets!
- Accurate representation of the airport area
- Complete Interior Modelling of the Terminal, Control Tower and Hamilton Island Air
- Custom Ground Clutter
- Custom Vehicles and Boats
- Golf Carts
- 3D people
- Animated Flags and Fans
- Optimized assets taking full advantage of LODs
- Realistic PBR Textures
- Authentic Aprons with Custom Materials and Markings
- Accurate ground markings
- Static Helicopters representing local operators
- Realistic Night Lighting
- Custom Airport Services Configuration
- Custom Vegetation Placement
- Detailed representation of the Marina
- Plenty of POI's to discover
- All the main buildings surrounding the marina are authentically recreated
- 3D boats and jetties
- Custom Vegetation
- Complete coverage of the resort and hotels
- Animated Reef View exterior lifts
- Qualia Helipad
- 3D Hobby cats in Catseye Bay
- Custom Vegetation
- Hamilton Island Golf Club
- Dent Island Light House
- Detailed jetty
- Multiple Helipads! (Hamilton Island Air, Qualia, Cruise Ship)
- Plenty of custom buildings around Hamilton Island
- 3D boats around Whitehaven Beach
- Modeled houses on Titan Island
- And more!
Next is VerticalSim, which confirmed and detailed its previously-teased Ontario International Airport (KONT) in the United States. Here's what we can expect.
- Accurate 2023 rendition of ONT
- Custom taxi signs
- Several animations (ASR radar, etc.)
- Use of parallax on non-essential areas to keep FPS
- LOD optimization to help maintain good frame rate
- Proper airport lighting (Wig-Wags, centerline lights, amber hold-shorts, etc.)
- Taxi/ATC taxi routing for your favorite traffic addons
- Custom Jetways w/gate & number placards
We stay in the United States for today's release, and it's Fly2High's Long Island MacArthur Airport (KISP). It's currently available on SimMarket for $22.67, promising the following.
- Features a highly accurate recreation of Long Island MacArthur Airport
- Highly detailed models of airport terminals, hangars, buildings and other airport facilities
- Accurate taxiway, apron and stands layout
- Interior Terminal models included
- Custom animated jetway models
- Up to date runway, taxiway and stand layouts
- Custom blue light
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- Animation humans
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and reviewed Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport and RHDSimulations' Boeing 767-300ER.