Today third-party developers had news to share about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator and released a major airport.
We start with an announcement from RDPresets which revealed the upcoming release of Gibraltar International Airport (LXGB). The package will include the surrounding area and even a working version of the famous car crossing which opens and closes depending on aircraft activity.
The airport itself promises "great performance together with very high detail including an interior and custom ground and building modeling covering the whole airport including landside." It'll release on February 25.
We also get a new trailer from Just Flight portraying the upcoming aircraft in the "Steam Gauge Overhaul" series, the Analog Bonanza and the Analog Baron.
In case you missed the initial news, these add-ons are designed to completely overhaul the interior and systems of default aircraft while still retaining the excellent default external models by Asobo.
Last, but not least, iniBuilds released Will Rogers World Airport (KOKC) in Oklahoma City, United States. It's available on the developer's own store for $18.15 including the following.
- Hand-made ground textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport landside recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurate logos, real-world decals and advertisements scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling
- Fully modelled and detailed terminal interior with
- Custom, hand-placed oil-wells and other unique details scattered throughout
- Correct airline-specific parking allocations and bespoke ground service equipment placed at each gate featuring plenty of containers and dollies
Below you can check out a gallery of screenshots.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we host daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently reviewed Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport.