Today third-party developers shared new screenshots about upcoming add-ons for v, on top of an announcement and a release.
We start with the F-4 Phantom by DC Designs. Just Flight just opened the store page ahead of the release scheduled for early June. This means that we get new details and screenshots.
Here's what we can expect from the add-on, which will cost €30.95.
- Accurately modelled F-4E, F-4J and British FGR2 Phantoms, each with unique animations for each variant
- Custom effects for the 'smoky' J-79 and Rolls-Royce Spey engines
- Full use of all MSFS effects such as G vapour, icing, contrails and heat exhaust blur
- Arrestor hook and launch system compatible with MSFS moving aircraft carriers
- Numerous liveries - see the Detailed Description below
- 3D virtual cockpit based on the F-4J Phantom
- Fully animated instruments and controls
- Custom-coded INS with LAT/LONG input requirements for complex navigation
- Operational radar with Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground modes
- Internal crew custom-modelled and coded for visibilty based on user preference
- Inertial Navigation System
- Fuel system – transfer and cross-feed
- Hydraulic system
- Oxygen system
- Air conditioning system – cabin pressurisation and air conditioning, emergency depressurisation controls
- Thermal anti-icing system, including airframe and engine anti-icing
- Autopilot, including pitch and bank hold
- TACAN and VOR navigation, including navigator IFF and TACAN panels
- Independent lighting controls for Captain and Co-Pilot
- Dimmable dynamic flood lighting for a highly immersive and customisable night environment
- MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new MSFS capabilities
- Rolls-Royce Spey and J-79 engine recordings from the real aircraft
FDE and effects
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data via actual aircraft manuals
- PDF manual
- Multiple interior and exterior camera presets, including wing views
- Paint kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
- MSFS checklists
We also get a list of liveries:
RAF Phantom FGR2:
- 43 Squadron (Camo)
- Black Mike
- 56 Sqn
- 92 Sqn
- 74 Sqn
RN Fleet Air Arm F4K
892 Naval Air Squadron '007', Fleet Air Arm
US Navy F4-J Phantoms:
- Blue Angels
- VF-96 CAG 'Showtime 100'
- VF-111 Sundowners
- VF-51 Screamin' Eagles
- VF-84 Jolly Rogers
US Marines F4-J:
302nd TFS, JASDF
- 4th TFW (Grey scheme)
- 4th TFW, 337th TFS ('MiG Killer')
- 347th TFW, 70th TFS 'White Knights'
- 20th FS, 49th FW, Holloman AFB, New Mexico
- 469th TFS, 388th TFW 'Betty Lou'
- RAAF Phantom F-4E
- Greek Air Force F-4E
- Turkish F-4E
- Israeli F-4E
- Iranian F-4E
Next, we get the first images for the vintage Boeing 737-200 by Blackbird Simulations, albeit they're very much work-in-progress showing the modeling being done for the flight deck.ù
An announcement comes from Impulse Simulations, and it's Bundaberg Airport (YBUD) in Australia. While it's a small regional airport, it does host its fair share of airliner flights. For now, we get to see only the model created for the nearby JAM Outdoor office.
Last, but not least, Aerosoft and its partner developer Aviation-Sim-Design released Norden-Norddeich Airfield (EDWS) in Lower Saxony, Germany.
It's currently available at Aerosoft's own store for $13.41 with the following features.
- Highly detailed 3D buildings with interiors for the terminal, HTM and FLN hangar
- Realistic PBR textures on all objects
- Static aircraft with real liveries (BN-2, H145, Cessna)
- True-to-original taxiway and runway materials
- Realistic nighttime lighting (based on time of day)
- Custom made aerial view for the entire airfield
- PDF manual (English and German)
- Various animations, e.g. static helicopters being moved in and out of the hangar, traffic, barriers, gates etc.
- Up-to-date layouts for the taxiways and runways
- Custom made vegetation, roads and terrain / detailed trenches around the airfield
- Optimized for peak performance and visual quality
- Parking lot with cars at the port / town of Norden
- Models and textures based on on-site photos
- Usable helipads
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and iniBuilds' CEO Ubaid Mussa on the work of the popular third-party developer. If you're interested in reviews, you can check out iniBuilds' New York-JFK Airport, Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport, and RHDSimulations' Boeing 767-300ER.