Today third-party developers shared new details and screenshots of upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, while a new airport has been released.
We start with FSimStudios which announced that its Calgary Airport (CYYC) in Canada is scheduled for release on May 19, priced at $21.49. The date is tentative pending beta testing results.
Below you can check out a few screenshots, still work-in-progress and missing a few details.
Next, we hear from Texas Simulations that Houston William P. Hobby Airport (KHOU) in Texas, US, will release on May 12th, and it'll be priced at $18.99. It'll launch on FSimStudio's store.
Here are the features you can expect and a batch of screenshots.
- Handmade PBR Textured Buildings (over 50 of them)
- Detailed Interiors for all the Concourses of the Terminal (you can also toggle them on and off).
- Custom Numbered Jetways for Each Gate
- Accurate Airfield Lighting
- Complete Removal of Runway 17 to match plans for current construction.
- Custom Taxiway Signs
- Custom Ground Textures, with Discoloration to Match Real Life
- Updated High Res Orthographic Imagery
- Custom Vehicles and GSE around the terminal.
- Updated AFCAD, including Taxiway Names and Parking Spots.
- Static Aircraft around the Airfield
Lastly, we go to Africa with NetDesign, which released In Guezzam Airport (DATG) in Algeria. This small regional and military airport is currently available on Simmarket for $13.42.
- 4K PBR textures in multiple layers
- A sandy under construction look and feel, as shown on the recent photographs
- Reconstruction of the adjacent military camp with accurate Algerian Air Force Mi-24 helicopters.
- VOR approach with official PDF airport chart included
- Detailed sandy sidewalks, runways, aprons, and lots of objects to provide ambiance
- Realistic night lighting
- Very FPS-friendly
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and iniBuilds' CEO Ubaid Mussa on the work of the popular third-party developer. If you're interested in reviews, you can check out iniBuilds' New York-JFK Airport, Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport, and RHDSimulations' Boeing 767-300ER.