Today third-party developers have released new screenshots and a video of upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including aircraft and scenery.
We take a new look at the Boeing 757 by Blue Bird Simulations, which released a video showing the spoilers in action. Do keep in mind that the sounds and textures are still placeholders and will be replaced before the aircraft releases.
Next are a few screenshots of Alice Springs Airport (YBAS) in Australia released by Impulse Simulations. This time around we get to take a look at the airside of the terminal on top of a few vehicle models.
Moving on to releases, SoFly launched its Aircraft Checklist Pro utility, which gives you access to non-interactive checklists similar in structure to those used by actual pilots. it's currently available on Orbx Direct and the developer's own store for approximately $10.
Here's what you get.
- Checklists for all included Microsoft Flight Simulator aircraft
- Access directly from within the simulator via the in-sim toolbar (also compatible with Parallel 42’s Flow)
- Everything from the A310 and B747-8 to the Cessna 152 and CubCrafters XCub
- All checklists have been tried and tested ensuring from cold and dark to shut down
- Over 80 expertly designed pages covering 45+ aircraft
- Includes recently added aircraft from the 40th Anniversary Edition
- Available in additional PDF format
- Free updates planned for more aircraft as they’re added to the sim
Speaking of utilities, the popular AI traffic solution FSLTL has received a sizable update to its base pack including models and liveries. Numbered 1.2.0, it brings the total of supported liveries to over 1650. It's also worth mentioning that a recent update to the injector app fixed the recent issue with MSFS's traffic in general that caused aircraft to aim for the middle of the runway when landing, introduced in Sim Update 12.
Here are the full update notes from FSLTL's Discord Server. It can be downloaded directly from the FlyByWire installer.
- Additional liveries, total now over 1650+. Full livery / model list at the official site.
- Reworked metal effect layers for all aircraft
- Animation and model optimisations * Post SU12 Sound improvements
- Optimised Asobo C208B, B350, C25C and GA aircraft C172, C152, DA40, DA62, G36 added
- Various livery/texture fixes and tweaks
- Aircraft animations fixes (ATR,DH8)
- Updated VMR file for Vatsim users
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and reviewed Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport and RHDSimulations' Boeing 767-300ER.