Third-party developers released a classic aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator and more news about upcoming scenery and events.
We start with PIlot's which released a real classic, the Boeing 314 Clipper flying boat, which has been in development for a very long time and is finally here.
You can purchase it on the developer's own store for €29.95. Pilot's claims that it'll be developed to study-level over time and below you can see what it looks like and a list of features.
- Developed from the ground-up for MSFS
- Study level concept, some features under construction
- Complete Virtual Cockpit featuring additional, accurately simulated Navigation and Radio Room with Flight Engineer Station
- Sperry Type A Gyropilot (partly implemented, will be updated)
- Authentic and realistic gauges
- Prototypes included (Single-Fin, Twin-Fin)
- Long range and more powerful B-314A version included
- Custom Sound Package by ArezOne-Aviation Soundstudios
- Authentic colour matching and simulated original materials
- Mooring position hold and lines
- Simulated Shore Power when the B314 is moored
- 4k Textures
- Comprehensive manuals about aircraft history, functions and Gyropilot
- Navigation aids to feed the Gyropilot for transoceanic navigation
Next, we get an announcement for SamScene3D, which is working on an upcoming release of a Bangkok city add-on to enrich the capital of Thailand. According to the developer, it's coming "soon" for PC and Xbox.
Next, Impulse Simulations published a new gallery of screenshots of Alice Springs Airport (YBAS). Besides the terminal, today we get to see the fact that the airport is a major storage facility for mothballed aircraft serving the Asia Pacific region.
Last, but not least, the Flight Simulation Association announced that over 50 partners have signed up for the upcoming FlightSimExpo, which will be hosted between June 23 and June 25 at the Lone Star Flight Museum in Houston, Texas.
Among the relevant sponsors, we find Honeycomb Aeronautical, Thrustmaster, SimFab, Navigraph, Orbx, iniBuilds, PMDG, and simMarket. Other partners and exhibitors include the following:
- Altimeter Motives
- Blackbird Simulations
- Gleim Aviation
- Hype Performance Group
- Infinite Flight
- Just Flight
- LIFT Academy
- Northern Reliable Transport
- Pimax Innovation
- SKALARKI electronics Ltd.
- Stay Level Avionix, LLC
- Virtual Fly North America
- Yawman Flight
Plenty of reveals of upcoming products are expected and the press release includes a comment from FSA co-founder Evan Reiter.
We are thrilled with this early and overwhelming level of support. Our unique fly-in venue—coupled with this incredible and varied set of partners—has got us counting down the minutes until we’re back together again in Houston.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you'd like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft's Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 "Mriya" and reviewed Orbx's Oslo Gardermoen Airport.