Metacritic has announced their top ten worse games of 2020, and as one would expect, they're awful games. The number one worse game is as bad as one would expect, but there are a few inclusions on the list that are pretty big, such as The Elder Scrolls.
What are Metacritic's Top Ten Worst Games of 2020?
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades (Nintendo Switch) is a free-to-play mobile game that didn't translate well to the Nintendo Switch. It received a 42 on Metacritic, and as such it's their 10th worst game of the year.
- Gleamlight (Nintendo Switch) is a side-scroller that looks similar to Hollow Knight at first glance but doesn't do much to distinguish itself. It also received a 42 on Metacritic for a spot on their list as their 9th worst game of the year.
- Street Power Soccer (PS4) is a soccer title that does little to justify its price tag, meaning that its 41 score on Metacritic is seemingly well deserved for its 8th worst game of the year.
- Tamarin (PS4) is a platform adventure title that looks cute but is apparently quite bloody, leaving it in a strange place that no one really likes, given its 40 score on Metacritic and 7th worst game of the year ranking.
- Remothered: Broken Porcelain's (PC) name is particularly ironic, given how the game is apparently full of game-breaking bugs. While it received a 39 on Metacritic for the 6th worst game of the year, Jackson Wery of TechRaptor gave it a 7.5, calling it a "step in the right direction for survival horror."
- Arc of Alchemist (Nintendo Switch) is an action-RPG that no one was particularly thrilled with, given its uninspired story and graphics straight out of 2011. It received a score of 36 and is Metacritic's 5th worst game of the year.
- Fast & Furious Crossroads (PC) was a game that no one wanted before and after its release, and its 34 score makes it Metacritic's 4th worst game of the year.
- Dawn of Fear (PS4) is a survival horror that was horrible, as its technical issues and "generic design" made it a game that flew under the scaredar. It received a 33 score and is the 3rd worst game of the year on Metacritic.
- XIII Remake (Xbox One) actually had people fairly excited when it was first announced. That excitement turned to disappointment pretty quickly once people got a hold of it and discovered a changed artstyle and lots of bugs. It received a 32 score on Metacritic and is their 2nd worst game of the year.
- Tiny Racer (Nintendo Switch) is Metacritic's worst game of 2020. A $10 title, it's apparently the definition of shovelware and a title everyone should stay away from, with "poor gameplay" being the number one factor.
If your curious about seeing the list in full, check it out here. For more news on the latest and greatest in gaming, stay tuned to TechRaptor.
What do you think about this list? Are there any surprises? Do you agree or disagree with the contents of this list? Let us know in the comments!