A new Overwatch mini-event is here! Mercy's Recall Challenge puts the spotlight on Dr. Ziegler and gives players the opportunity to unlock a sweet new skin for the game's foremost healer.
A brand-new patch has arrived for Overwatch and it's brought with it Mercy's Recall Challenge, a special mini-event similar to ones held for Baptiste and D.Va in the past. Simply put, there are two facets to this event:
- Win 9 games in most games modes, unlocking a new cosmetic at the milestones of 3, 6, and 9 wins.
- Watch 6 hours of streams with a linked Twitch account, earning new sprays at 2 hours, 4 hours, and 6 hours.
The Unlocks of Mercy's Recall Challenge
There are several things you can unlock in Mercy's Recall Challenge, so let's break it down!
Unlocks for Winning games
- 3 Wins: "Dr. Ziegler" Player Icon
- 6 Wins: "Lab Coat" and "Evaluation" Sprays
- 9 Wins: "Dr. Ziegler" Legendary skin (pictured above)
Unlocks for Watching Streams
- 2 Hours: "On the Clock" Spray
- 4 Hours: "Healing Touch" and "Hanan" Sprays
- 6 Hours: "Suit Fitting", "Late Night", and "Ascent" sprays
You can see the sprays in detail on the Overwatch website page for Mercy's Recall challenge.
Who to Watch (and When)
Previously, players had to watch certain streamers at certain times in order to unlock Sprays in these special challenge events, but Mercy's Recall Challenge is mixing up the formula in an interesting way.
Rather than highlighting particular (and likely already popular) streamers, viewers on Twitch can now watch anyone streaming in the Overwatch game category on Twitch and earn their sprays as noted on a news post on the game's official website. Don't forget that you'll have to link your Blizzard Battle.net and Twitch accounts together for the drops to count! Visit the Twitch Connections page to get this done.
Mercy's Recall Challenge is live right now and will be continuing until December 2, 2019. In the meantime, you can also read Michael Chu's Valkyrie short story [PDF] about one of our favorite healers in gaming.
What do you think of Mercy's Recall Challenge? Do you like the Dr. Ziegler skin? What other heroes do you think should be highlighted in this fashion? Let us know in the comments below!