Origin Access, EA's subscription service for its Origin distribution platform, has added 8 more games for subscribers to play.
The games, which include Mad Max, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition and more, were added yesterday (April 29th), and are available immediately for subscribers to download. This news comes on the heels of EA recently opening up the Origin Access service to other publishers, offering a series of Warner Bros-owned titles including three games from the Batman: Arkham series, Lego Batman and more.
For the uninitiated, Origin Access is a paid subscription service which gives subscribers access to a growing library of games. These games can be downloaded and played on the user's PC for as long as the user is subscribed, with access revoked upon the end of the subscription period. Currently, a subscription to Origin Access costs $4.99 per month or $29.99 for 12 months.
Here's a rundown of all 8 games which were recently added to Origin Access:
- Mad Max - sandbox with race challenges, car customization, and Batman: Arkham-style combat
- Torment: Tides of Numenera - Kickstarted spiritual successor to feted CRPG Planescape: Torment
- Ember - isometric RPG paying homage to classics of its genre
- Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition - Obsidian-developed spiritual successor to CRPGs like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - "single-player co-op" adventure, shares a director with recent co-op title A Way Out
- Prison Architect - prison construction and management sim developed by famed indie studio Introversion Software
- Virginia - first-person narrative adventure game entirely without spoken dialogue
- Spore - classic EA genre-bending creature sim
Have any of these games tempted you into getting an Origin Access subscription? Let us know in the comments below!