Anyone who likes weapons probably has a story about a favorite gun or knife or something like that. But you don't actually love them... unless you're playing Boyfriend Dungeon, the hybrid dungeon crawler/dating sim where you date your weapons. No, really.
In Boyfriend Dungeon, players will travel through dungeons, beating the crap out of martinis because that makes sense in a world where you can make out with a katana and not cut your lips.
On the off chance, you think I'm joking or you may be questioning your sanity, take a look at the game's Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer to see that this is very much a real game:
Boyfriend Dungeon was first announced last year but until now there hasn't been much more news on the game. It was announced in today's Nintendo Indie World stream that Boyfriend Dungeon will be making its way to the Nintendo Switch in addition to other platforms. This game will also have a Nintendo Switch-exclusive HD rumble feature, and I won't comment any further on that point.
Here's what the developers say you can see in the game:
- Date up to nine weapons, from dancing swords to heart-piercing daggers
- Generated action-combat dunj and challenges! Stay sharp!
- Various combat styles. For example, hit hard and dodge quickly with the dagger, or take on crowds with Lasersaber
- Inclusive, tasteful approach to gender and sexuality - male, female, and non-binary romance
- Let's get to the point: take your weapon-babes on romantic outings, such as to the club or the beach
We checked out Boyfriend Dungeon earlier this year, so you should definitely go ahead and give our preview a read. You'll be able to play Boyfriend Dungeon on the Nintendo Switch when it launches in 2020. For now, you should add this weird (yet compelling) dungeon crawler/dating sim mashup to your wishlist on Steam.
What do you think of Boyfriend Dungeon? Are there any inanimate objects that you're particularly fond of? Let us know in the comments below!