A new Crusader Kings 3 update has been released. Update 1.2 adds the Ruler Designer feature, which allows you to make and customize your own ruler, along with a wealth of other enhancements and optimizations.
How does the Crusader Kings 3 Ruler Designer work?
The Ruler Designer feature lets you create and customize a ruler before taking them into a game of Crusader Kings III. You'll be able to add traits and fine-tune ruler skills as well as assigning any in-game culture, religion, or sexual orientation to your ruler. They can be either male or female, of course, and you can customize their appearance, with thousands of different options available for physical traits. Check out Paradox's sneak peek of the Ruler Designer feature in Crusader Kings III below:
As you can see - and as you might expect from a Paradox game - the Ruler Designer feature is pretty in-depth, so no matter what you want your ruler to look like, it's almost a certainty you'll be able to realize it in the editor. You'll need to update Crusader Kings III if you want to access Ruler Designer, but once you've completed the update process, the feature will be added to the game automatically.
What else is Crusader Kings 3 Update 1.2 bringing?
As well as the Ruler Designer, there are a number of other tweaks and improvements on their way to Crusader Kings III in the latest update. Here's a quick rundown of what else you can expect from Update 1.2:
- Kill List - you can now track executions, battle killings, and murders you know about
- Dynasty UI improvements
- Military improvements - you can now attach armies to your main force and prevent the raising of levies in a province that would exceed its supply limit
- Siberian Paganism - a new Faith
- Exaggerated facial features - for Ugly characters (it's a thing that affects their performance in-game, honest)
- Rules and options changes - Nudity is no longer a rule but a game setting, and the rule set can now be configured to change the frequency of AI matrilineal marriages
These updates are classic Paradox; there's lots of fun wording in there if you're unfamiliar with the Crusader Kings series, but fans will find important tweaks and changes to get excited about. Either way, the Ruler Designer feature, along with everything else that comes with Crusader Kings III Update 1.2, is live right now.
Will you be trying out the Crusader Kings 3 Ruler Designer? Let us know in the comments below!