Sony announced today that the long-awaited God of War New Game+ mode will come on later this month, on August 20th as a free update. The announcement today comes almost two months after Sony surprised us during E3 with the New Game+ announcement. In short, God of War New Game+ will add the ability to skip cutscenes, add in new enemies and gear, and carry over all of your upgrades and armor. Part of a collection of some of the most requested features, you can venture back into the frozen north in the free update coming on August 20th.
Here are the changes coming to the update, which you can read more about on Sony's blog:
- All armors, enchantments, talismans, resources, and abilities will carry over on any difficulty
- New higher level enemies with new abilities
- A new high-tier rarity has been added, along with a resource to upgrade your items
- New customization coming with new armor sets and enhancements
- The option to skip cutscenes after playing through the story for the first time, no matter if you're on New Game+ or not