The Jurassic World Evolution 2 Challenge Mode is set to expand later this month with the addition of 5 Chaos Theory maps, giving gamers the chance to play in the iconic locations from the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World movies.
Jurassic World Evolution 2 is the latest evolution of the dino park simulator based on the popular film franchise. It's managed to sell a million copies, and it's surely gotten a bump in popularity after its recent sandbox changes and the addition of the game to Xbox Game Pass. Now, the devs have announced an expansion to Challenge Mode with the addition of 5 "Chaos Theory" maps.
Chaos Theory Comes to Jurassic Park Evolution 2 Challenge Mode
The Jurassic Park Evolution 2 Challenge Mode is a little different from the base game or the campaign. Depending on the map, new challenges can be introduced along with new restrictions such as the gradual siphoning of your money. In short, it's exactly what it says on the tin -- a more challenging (and optional) way to play the game. This game mode is going to be getting new content with the addition of 5 Chaos Theory maps.
Here are the Chaos Theory maps coming to Challenge Mode (and how they're changing things up):
- Islar Nublar 1993 (Jurassic Park) - The park is mostly built, but dinosaurs are uncomfortable and some facilities are missing. Furthermore, your dinos have the Intelligent Dinosaur Trait which makes them more likely to test your defenses and security.
- San Diego (The Lost World: Jurassic Park) - Dinosaur shipments have not yet arrived -- you'll have to pick which dinosaurs will be delivered to the park first in a fight against time. Some dinosaurs will also have the Intelligent Dinosaur Trait.
- Isla Sorna (Jurassic Park III) - A large Tour area limits your buildable space and your fencing is a little weaker than you might like -- you'll have to walk a fine line to succeed on this map without going bankrupt or dealing with a proverbial jailbreak.
- Isla Nublar 2015 (Jurassic World) - You'll be building this park from scratch, but the guests expect novelty -- you'll have to continually add new dinosaurs to your park before they get too bored. All dinosaurs will also have the Fussy trait which increases their Comfort threshold, though you can reduce the occurrence of this trait with Gene Modification.
- Islar Nublar 2018 (Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom) - The park is broken down, the guests are gone, and wild dinosaurs are roaming around. You won't be able to get a Hatchery until you've earned enough stars to unlock the whole park, so you'll have to totally rely on capturing the escaped dinosaurs to populate your park.
You can read about the nuances of these Chaos Theory maps in full in today's news post; these five maps will make their debut in Jurassic Park Evolution 2 Challenge Mode on Friday, May 27, 2022. In the meantime, there's plenty of fun to be had in the game right now -- you can buy Jurassic World Evolution 2 for PC and consoles at the price of $59.99 or your regional equivalent via its official website.