Halo 5 is almost here, with a little over three weeks until it's release date. There has been some outcry though about the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Collector's Edition only coming with a digital code. For some digital codes mean that they need not bother with a disc but others like discs either because they don't want the big download, or that they like having the box. Xbox Support has announced today the steps to trade your Halo 5 code for a disc.
Before I explain what you're meant to do I want to go over the conditions. First this offer is only good from October 20th until November 1st. You will get your Collector's Edition before the release of the actual game on October 27th, this is meant to be so that you can pre-download the game. This does not mean early access. If you want to get the disc version though you need to make sure that you DO NOT REDEEM THE CODE.
Now onto the actual steps so you can swap your code for a Halo 5 disc.
1. Go to the Xbox Contact Us Page
2. Select "Chat with Microsoft Support" to start a text chat
3. Let them know that you want to exchange your digital code for a Halo 5: Guardians Physical Disc
4. Give them the following info: Gamertag, Email Address, the digital code, your shipping address
Your disc should then be in your hands in 3-5 business days. It's also good to know that this method will only work in the following markets: North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Mexico. Be sure that you also fit the following conditions:
- You have received your Limited Collector's Edition of Halo 5: Guardians
- You have not redeemed the code for the digital version of Halo 5: Guardians
- It is between October 20th and November 1st
What do you think of 343i giving gamers the option to swap? Would you rather there just be a physical and digital collectors edition? Are you as excited for Halo 5 as I am?