After many older gamers spent the better part of this week indulging in nostalgia, it seems only fair that a younger generation should get their turn. The SPV3 mod for Halo Custom Edition has officially launched their final version today after a decade of work. The mod brings new features from across the Halo universe into the iconic Combat Evolved campaign. Having released last year in a partially completed state, SPV3.1 brings a new launcher for simplified installation and a full campaign filled with tweaked levels, new weapons, and upgraded graphics in a stunning 60 FPS presentation.
Among the improvements that players can expect from Halo SPV3 are
- Reworked areas of levels to add complexity and variety.
- Bundled graphical enhancements and improved controller support
- Dialogue restored after being cut from the original game.
- A range of new weapons and vehicles, including several wholly original additions.
- Armor abilities like Sprint and the Halo 3: ODST VISR
- Brutes and Skirmishers
- Data logs that bring expanded universe lore into the game
- Multiple variations of beloved UNSC weapons
- First Person Hunter Cannon