Developer Supergiant Games, known for their work on Pyre and Transistor, recently released the Nighty Night update for their latest early access title, Hades. The update marks its tenth major addition to the title, bringing tons of new content to the rogue-like dungeon crawler.
The Nighty Night update adds the Twin Fists of Malphon, two giant fists for players to equip with three different aspects to unlock. Not only that, new playstyles and builds are being introduced with the new Mirror of Night talent set. The Admin Chamber will now give you insight on your permanent record, for the opportunity to compare yours against friends and worldwide foes. The studio didn't just add new content, Hades receives new chambers, story events, artwork, and much more alongside all these additions.
- Harness the Twin Fists of Malphon, & pulverize your foes with fists of fury! Features three unique Aspects to unlock!
- Choose from all-new Mirror of Night Talents, opening up completely new playstyles & powerful builds!
- Discover the Stygian Blade's legendary Aspect of Arthur, & defend yourself with its holy might!
- Break into the Admin Chamber in the House of Hades, & have a look at your Permanent Record!
- New chambers, story events, artwork, & much, much more!
Developer Supergiant Games wanted to give Hades a slight graphical upgrade, "improving the clarity of the action" without compromising the authentic look and feel of the title. Later on in the blog post, the studio went into more detail on what to expect going forward. The upcoming major update isn't due till June, with no set release date for the first time since the game's launch. This is mainly because the development team wants to take this time to improve the game's code base, improving its performance significantly and allowing the studio to bring Hades to new platforms outside of PC.
Let us know what are your most excited about from Hades: The Nighty Night update.