(And 70 New Cards, Too)
The GWENT Master Mirror expansion has finally arrived and it's bringing a bunch of quality-of-life improvements to the game! That's not all, though — more than 70 new cards have arrived in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game!
Check out the GWENT Master Mirror Launch Trailer to get hyped for all of this new content:
Details on the Master Mirror Expansion were revealed earlier this month. The latest expansion for this Witcher-themed card game is thematically focused on Gaunter O'Dimm, the Master Mirror himself. Gaunter O'Dimm made an appearance in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt DLC Hearts of Stone.
Now, we can finally get our hands on this all-new update according to a news post on the game's official website. The Master Mirror is here, and he's bringing some pretty cool improvements to GWENT: The Witcher Card Game.
What's New in the GWENT Master Mirror Expansion?
One of the first big highlights in the Master Mirror Expansion is a completely redesigned Play Menu. Each game mode now has its own unique description. Ranked progression for the player is now shown in this menu, as is the currently active season and how much time is left until the next season starts.
Several new mechanics are also being added as part of this expansion. Each of these new mechanics changes the game up in its own special way and are sure to shake up the meta just a bit.
What are the new mechanics in the GWENT Master Mirror Expansion?
- Conspiracy - Triggers and makes the card's ability stronger when targeting is a Spying unit.
- Devotion - Enhances a card's ability. assuming your deck consists solely of faction-specific cards.
- Echo - Returns the card from the Graveyard to the top of your deck at round start. The card also becomes Doomed, removing it from the battle permanently.
- Rupture - At the end of the afflicted unit's turn, damages the unit by value equal to its power. The status is afterwards removed.
- Symbiosis - Whenever you play a Nature card, spawn a Treant, which power is equal to the number of cards with Symbiosis you control, in a random allied row.
- Veil - Shields units from detrimental statuses ([e,g,] Bleeding) or prevents them from gaining beneficial ones ([e.g.] Vitality).
- Veteran - Increases the base power of the unit by 1 at the start of the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Another cool new addition in this expansion is six "Evolving Cards". These cards change their graphics to reflect the life of the characters they represent along with changes to their powers.
You can find out more about the GWENT Master Mirror Expansion on its landing page and in the Update 7.0 Patch Notes. You can play GWENT for free on PC via Steam or DRM-free on GOG. If you're a console player, you can get it for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; and mobile players can get it for Android via Google Play and iOS via the App Store.
Disclosure: GOG works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from links in this article.
What's your favorite new mechanic in the GWENT Master Mirror Expansion? Do you like the pace of new content coming out for this card game? Let us know in the comments below!