Gear Up for More Fun
Gears 5 Title Update 4 is set to arrive today — and it's debuting a scary new villain called Kantus.
The biggest highlight announced in this week's "What's Up" post is the addition of the new Kantus villain. This creature was detailed in the previous week's post and will feature the following loadout in Arcade:
- Passive: Hot Footed – Taking damage makes you move faster for a brief time
- Loadout: Lancer, Talon, Smoke
- Weapon Tree: Shock Grenade (2), Gnasher (4), Dropshot (6)
- Skull Bounty: Multi-kill Eliminations
Kantus will be made available to anyone who has already purchased the Operation 2: Free For All bundle. If you haven't bought that bundle yet, it will be added to the existing roster of content for that bundle with no increase in price.
Another major fix in this update's changes to the map Icebound. Here's what players can look forward to:
- Layout: Each tower's slope slide has had the mantle cover removed, allowing this position to be flanked a little more easily.
- Weapon Layouts have been changed as follows:
- Frag grenades have been removed and replaced with a Dropshot.
- Cryo Cannon has replaced the original Dropshot location at the center of the ice.
- The Cryo Cannon at the Trading Post has been replaced with a Torgue Bow.
- Boltoks at Market/Radio have been replaced with Enforcers.
- Incendiaries and Shock Grenades remain in place at the Stable Spawn/Power Spawn.
- The ground-level tower rings at the bottom of the slides have been moved inside the towers for KOTH.
- Escalation now has 3 weapon placement slots at the center line, bringing it in line with the other maps.
Several other changes are making their way into the game as well; you can read this week's What's Up post to see the full patch notes.
When Can You Play Gears 5 Title Update 4?
All of these new goodies seem pretty great, but when will you be able to get them? Well, the What's Up post on Gears 5 Title Update 4 also has a release schedule:
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern: Title Update 4 is made available to download.
- 12:30 PM–1:00 PM Pacific / 3:30 PM–4:00 PM Eastern: Live Update 1 is pushed, which includes:
- Kantus can be earned through the Kantus Totem.
- Existing Operation 2: Free For All bundle owners will receive Kantus automatically. (This may take 1–2 hours to activate.)
- Kantus is added to the existing Operation 2: Free For All bundle for those who have not purchased it with no increase in the bundle's price.
- 3:00 PM Pacific–6:00 PM Eastern: Live Update 2 deploys and Kantus can be individually purchased through the store.
All of the above-listed times are approximate. You can stay apprised of any issues with the update by following @CoalitionGears on Twitter. For now, you can get Gears 5 on Steam or for PC and the Xbox One via the Microsoft Store at the price of $59.99 or your regional equivalent.
What do you think of the new content coming in Gears 5 Title Update 4? What other improvements do you hope to see come to the game? Let us know in the comments below!