Kairosoft's popular mobile sim Game Dev Story is now available on Steam along with other titles including Dungeon Village and Station Manager.
If you're a fan of game development sims like Game Dev Tycoon or Game Dev Studio, you might not know that these titles have a spiritual predecessor called Game Dev Story. This game was created by Japanese developer Kairosoft and was originally launched for PC in Japan all the way back in 1997. It's since been ported to mobile devices, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch in the following years -- and now you can play it in English on PC via Steam (along with a few other games from the company, too).
You Can Now Get Kairosoft's Game Dev Story and Other Games on Steam
As highlighted on Reddit, Kairosoft's Game Dev Story and some other games are now available for purchase on Steam and fully playable in English.
Here's the full list of Kairosoft titles that you can now purchase along with the links to their respective Steam Store pages:
- Dungeon Village - Build a heroic hamlet that warriors and merchants can call home!
- Game Dev Story - Work hard and you may reach the top of the video game industry!
- Hot Springs Story - Build and manage the ultimate Japanese hot springs inn.
- Dream House Days DX - Make the dwelling of your dreams a reality in this apartment management sim!
- Station Manager - Build your own spectacular, multi-story station for your favorite trains!
All of these games featured a bit of a hiccup on their initial launch with a lack of the ability to map controls, but that has since been resolved with a post-launch update.
You can purchase each of these games at their respective Steam Store page for $12.00 or your regional equivalent, although the majority of them are discounted by 10% for their launch weeks which drops the price down to $10.80. If you're keen on checking out some classic sim games, you have a fair amount of new choices available right now.