505 Games has made the somber announcement that there will be no more Indivisible updates in the future. The recent dissolution of Lab Zero Games has effectively ended development, ending any hopes of seeing more new content for the game.
"In light of the recent restructuring and dissolution of Lab Zero, 505 Games would like to clarify what this means for the future of Indivisible," read a statement on the official Indivisible website.
"At this stage, apart from content that is already in submission, there will unfortunately be no more production on the game."
Why Won't There Be Any More Indivisble Updates?
Earlier this year, several Lab Zero Games employees left the company after alleging that company owner Mike Zaimont acted inappropriately towards employees and other people. This was followed by Autumn Games removing Lab Zero as the developer of Skullgirls. Several weeks later, Mike Zaimont laid off all remaining employees at Lab Zero Games.
With only Mike Zaimont remaining as an employee, 505 Games apparently didn't have much of a choice for the development of Indivisible. As a consequence, there will be no more Indivisible updates in the future.
Here's what this means for IndieGogo backers and future content:
- Guest characters and characters created by IndieGoGo backers will not be added to the game.
- 505 Games is taking responsibility for shipping the Ajna Statue to backers; these statues are about to enter production.
- A Nintendo Switch update will start rolling out on October 13 in some regions to add the Razmi's Challenges DLC, bringing the Switch version in line with the content on other platforms. Other regions will get the update at a later date.
- The North American physical release of Indivisible has been canceled.
- Indivisible will otherwise continue to be available for sale digitally and physically.
Some issues may still remain for IndieGoGo backers. Backers who have not received their physical copy of the game have until October 31, 2020, to submit a ticket to support.505games.com. Backers who did not get a functional backer code or digital reward, however, will have to e-mail [email protected], although 505 Games cautions that backers may not get a response given the situation at Lab Zero Games.
505 Games, for its part, has expressed its disappointment that there will be no more Indivisible updates in its statement.
"We are proud of the game that was created and are happy that it has received the positive response that it deserves. We are sorry the journey has ended this way."
"We wish to thank all the Indivisible players, new and old, who have supported the game. From the bottom of our hearts, we appreciate you all."
What do you think of the cancellation of future Indivisible updates? Do you think Lab Zero Games will be able to recover? Let us know in the comments below!