The first five Battlefield 2042 specialists have been revealed, giving players a look at playable characters in EA DICE's upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter coming soon to PCs and consoles.
Things are going pretty well for the Battlefield franchise right now. A tech test for a mobile game is on the way and the next mainline entry is just over the horizon. Today, EA DICE revealed half of the characters that you can play in the latest core game.
What Are Battlefield 2042 Specialists?
Battlefield 2042 Specialists are an evolution of the Class system from previous games. Previously, players could only select from one of four classes: Assault, Recon, Support, and Engineer. Your horizons are broadening with the option to pick from one of ten Specialists.
Specialists aren't just different in terms of their looks; the gameplay mechanics behind them are changing as well. Each Specialist has one unique Ability and one unique Trait, and that's it — everything else in their loadout can be customized to your tastes. Want to run a Support with a rocket launcher? You can do that. Want to roll Recon with a machine gun? You can do that, too.
Who Are the First 5 Battlefield 2042 Specialists?
The first five Battlefield 2042 Specialists were revealed in a tweet earlier today, breaking down their stories, Abilities, and Traits. Here's the first half of the Battlefield 2042 roster!
Kimble "Irish" Graves
- Fortification System – Includes the DCS Deployable Cover to protect from bullets and explosives, and the APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel to take down explosive projectiles.
- Veteran – Provides armor, with additional bonuses from downed enemies.
- Grappling Hook – Fires a rope that attaches to surfaces. When attached, the rope is retracted and the player gets pulled towards the attach point.
- Nimble – allows the player to move more quickly while aiming down sights, further enhancing their speed-related advantages.
- S21 Syrette Pistol – Fires a syringe at friendlies to provide healing. If fired at an enemy, the syringe will do damage.
- Combat Surgeon – Allows the player to return downed allies to combat with full health when reviving.
Pyotr "Boris" Guskovsky
- SG-36 Sentry System – Automatically spots and engages enemy targets detected within a certain area.
- Sentry Operator – Spots the enemy target when the sentry gun locks on to the enemy in question.
Wikus "Casper" Van Daele
- OV-P Recon Drone – Spots nearby moving targets and can disorient enemies by using EMP blasts. Can also be used to designate targets for lock-on weapons.
- Movement Sensor – Alerts the player to approaching enemies, both while boots on the ground and when piloting the Recon Drone.
These are just the first five out of ten Battlefield 2042 specialists; you can learn more about the rest on the Specialists web page. You won't have to wait too long to play with these cool new characters — you can pre-purchase Battlefield 2042 for PC and consoles via the game's official website starting at $59.99 or your regional equivalent.
What do you think of these first five Battlefield 2042 Specialists? Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!