The Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker roadmap has been revealed. Square Enix has revealed what you can expect from its MMORPG in the run-up to the expansion's launch later this year. You can also check out the new Endwalker benchmark tool to check your PC is up to scratch.
What's in the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker roadmap?
The pre-Endwalker roadmap has been split roughly into three parts by Square Enix. The first, which runs between July and August, adds a new emote, new content updates, and an event titled "The Rising" intended to commemorate eight years of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Part two of the roadmap runs between September and October and introduces the Final Fantasy XV collaboration event, in which you can earn rewards like Noctis' outfit, the Regalia vehicle, and more. If you've already completed these quests, you can run through them again. Finally, in November, the Endwalker pre-launch event begins, which allows you to begin the expansion early if you've pre-ordered.
Here's the full rundown of what you can expect from the roadmap.
- Make It Rain Campaign (July 19th - August 11th) - earn bonus Manderville Gold Saucer points and complete extra quests to earn the "vexed" emote
- Patch 5.58 (July 20th) - Season 20 of The Feast begins, plus lots of minor adjustments
- Moonfire Faire (August 13th) - limited-time summer seasonal event
- The Rising (August 27th) - an event to commemorate the 8th anniversary of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
- Final Fantasy XV Collaboration Event (September 13th) - complete event quests to earn aesthetic rewards and the Regalia vehicle mount
- Moogle Treasure Trove Event (October 19th-November 19th) - collect irregular tomestones for rewards from itinerant moogles
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Early Access Launch (November 19th) - players who pre-order get to start Endwalker early
- Post-launch events - lots of post-launch seasonal events such as All Saints' Wake, the Starlight Celebration, and Heavensturn
What is the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker benchmark tool?
To make sure your PC can run Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, Square Enix has also released a benchmark tool you can check out. This tool runs a series of demanding scenarios in the game to ensure your PC can keep up. The tool is also adding a fun new feature to one of the most popular Final Fantasy XIV races. That's right - with the release of this tool, you can now finally make male Viera characters. Appearance data you create can be saved for use in the full game and can also be used in place of the default Warrior of Light during benchmark cutscenes. You can check out the trailer if you want a preview on the kind of things your hardware will be rendering when you run the benchmark.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker launches on November 23rd for PC and PlayStation consoles. It will continue the story of the Warrior of Light (i.e. the player character) and their companions, who must foil the Ascian Fandaniel as he seeks to bring about the Final Days. The expansion will introduce two brand new classes: the Sage, a shield-based healer, and the Reaper, a melee-based DPS class. Naturally, there will also be plenty of new lands to explore and enemies to conquer. We'll bring you more about Endwalker as soon as we get it.
Will you be checking out Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker? Are you going to make a male Viera? Let us know in the comments below!