Following yesterday's reveal during the Nintendo Direct, Atlus showcased plenty of gameplay of the upcoming Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection.
The gameplay was revealed during a livestream hosted by the Japanese developer and played by voice actor Yoshihisa Kawahara. Not only do we get to see plenty of dungeon crawling and battles, but at the end, we also take a look at how the iconic mapping feature works on the Nintendo Switch.
Incidentally, the new difficulty setting showcased are "Picnic," "Basic," and "Expert," and the video shows off character creation footage as well.
You can check it out below, starting at 01:03:00.
Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection includes Etrian Odyssey HD, Etrian Odyssey II HD, and Etrian Odyssey III HD. It'll release for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam on June 1, 2023. Each game can be purchased separately if you so wish. The bundle will be priced at $39.99, while each game is priced at $39.99.
The original games Etrian Odyssey, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard, and Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City debuted for Nintendo DS in 2007, 2008, and 2010.
Here's what you can expect from the remasters alongside improved graphics.
- Newly remastered graphics, remastered soundtrack and quality of life improvements including difficulty selection and save slots.
- Touch screen mapping functionality for Nintendo Switch. Plot your progress through the labyrinth, drawing walls and placing icons to note special events and items.
- Full mouse support and functionality to map drawing, menus, and dungeon exploration (Steam).
- Easy access to the monster compendium, quest log, and skill tree.
- Find 24 brand new character portraits designed for the collection, including Landsknecht, War Magus, Sovereign, and more.