The force is strong with Electronic Arts, as they announced today that tons of classic Star Wars games are now being added to EA Origin Access.
In celebration for the unofficial Star Wars holiday of May 4th, EA has added a total of 12 Star Wars games into their Origin Access Vault. All of the new games will be available for both Basic and Premier subscriptions.
A lot of fan favorites have made the cut, most notably the 2005 version of Star Wars Battlefront II, now known as the 'classic' version of the game. Not to be confused with the controversial version made by EA and Dice in 2017, Star Wars Battlefront II classic features armies from both the prequel and original trilogy fighting for dominance in the galaxy.
Other popular titles include Rogue Squadron 3D, the Jedi Knight games (Jedi Academy and Mysteries of the Sith) and Star Wars: Episode One Racer, which was only released on PC last year (you can check out our rewind review here if you like)
The full list of games available on EA Origin Access is as follows:
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy – Your Jedi training begins as you seek to stop the Disciples of Ragnos. Customize your character, build your lightsaber, and protect the galaxy.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic, 2005) – For the Republic! Fight for the elite 501st Legion and deploy onto classic battlefronts from across the stars.
- Star Wars Republic Commando – Lead an elite squad of Republic Commandos in this first-person, single-player story set during the Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D – Take to the stars as you dogfight in your favorite starfighter against elite Imperial pilots.
- Star Wars - Dark Forces – Go on a covert mission to stop the Empire from building a massive army in this first-person shooter.
- Star Wars Shadows of the Empire – The reign of the Dark Prince Xizor begins in an adventure full of classic Star Wars locales and modes.
- Star Wars X-Wing Alliance – Punch it! Give the Empire everything you’ve got in the Millennium Falcon and take on the second Death Star.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith – Guide Mara Jade through her apprenticeship as a Jedi Knight. Unlock new powers with the Force and protect the Rebel base from the dark side.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Saga – Lead real-time strategy battles in the Galactic Civil War and Clone Wars.
- Star Wars Starfighter – Build an uneasy alliance in order to protect a peaceful planet. Deploy vast armies over land, sea, and sky to succeed.
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer – Race through unique worlds from the Star Wars galaxy, but watch out for methane lakes, meteor showers, and Tusken Raiders! Now, this is podracing!
- Star Wars Rebellion – Vie for the support of over 200 worlds in this strategy game in order to command the galaxy as you see fit.
Players can subscribe to EA Origin Access here, with a basic subscription running you $4.99 a month, or $29.99 a year.
What are your thoughts on all of this? Leave your questions below.