Today KING Art Games has announced their newest title The Dwarves, a tactical RPG based off of the book series "The Dwarves" by Markus Heitz.
The teaser trailer shows off the world map, some combat, and Tungil (the main character from the books) forging something, which is promising, considering that it leads into one of the more interesting events in the book.
The game's website has some interesting information, as seen paraphrased below:
- The Dwarves is based off of the internationally best-selling book series “The Dwarves”, although the game will also offer new quests and characters not seen in the books.
- Tungdil, the main character of the series, will gather up to twelve companions over the course of the game. Each companion will have their own “… back-story and unique skills in combat.” King Art Games cites Fire Emblem as their inspiration, though other notable games in the genre include titles like Final Fantasy Tactics, and Shining Force.
- Before each battle, players will be able to use up to four ‘heroes’, with the player having hundreds of enemies to slay over the course of a single battle.
- The book’s universe “Girdlegard” will be shown on a world map which will be explored throughout the game, containing “… dozens of battlefields and places waiting to be discovered.”
- The author of The Dwarves, Markus Heitz, is attached to the title as a consultant and may end up contributing ‘a quest’ for the game.
More information for the game will be released next month at Gamescom, which takes place from Thursday, August 6th to Sunday, August 9th.
The Dwarves will be released in 2016, with the Alpha and Beta to be released sometime in 2015.
For more information, stay tuned to TechRaptor.