Dragons's Dogma is one of the genre-defining titles of the past generation. Countless people played it on PS3 and fell in love with it and the franchise. The reaction of the PC gamers when Capcom announced that the game would have landed on PC in 2016 was as ecstatic as expected. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will hit PC the 15th of January with improved graphic fidelity and PC specific features.
For whom never played Dragon's Dogma, it's a fantasy gdr with a vast and interesting world and compelling story. One of the focal points of the gameplay, is the use of pawns, AI controlled characters that can be rented and exchanged with other players online.
The PC version of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will feature some additional platform specific features:
It looks like Capcom is intended to not mess the PC port up. Most of the features that PC gamers really care about are present (stuff like no frame rate cap, 4K support, native support for xbox controllers).
- 9 brand new Achievements for both new and returning Dragon’s Dogma fans! Get ready to delve deep into Bitterblack Isle…
- Option to completely mute main and support Pawn chatter during traversal
- Plug & Play controllers: supports XInput and DirectInput-based controllers such as the Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock, and Steam Controller right out of the box. (no 3rd party ‘XInput remapper’ app required)
- Uses source texture assets that couldn’t be utilized in previous generation consoles due to memory constraints
- All previously released DLCs and bonus content now built into the base game including the Eternal Ferrystone!
- Full screen display on 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio monitors
- Supports 30, 60, and ‘Variable’ frame rate settings
- Supports 4K resolution (3840x2160)
- Supports 144Hz monitors to enable 144fps gameplay
- Remappable keyboard and mouse functions
- Customizable hot keys (0-5) to allow quick access to commonly used items such as lantern, healing/stamina recovery items, and Ferrystones. Streamlines gameplay in the heat of battle without the need to pause the game.
Now the important question is: can my system run it properly? Capcom also released the minimum anb reccommended specs for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen:
Minimum Specs: OS: Windows Vista or newer Processor: Intel Core i5-660 CPU or equivalent Memory: 4 GB RAM Graphics: Radeon HD 5870 or equivalent DirectX: Version 9.0c Storage: 22 GB available space Sound Card: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard audio chip Additional Notes: 1) Supports Keboard + Mouse and XInput / DirectInput devices including Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock and Steam Controller. 2) Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern gaming laptops with a discrete GPU may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.The proposed specs are nothing that a capable PC can't handle even at reasonably high settings. Of course the game itself is quite old, but the revamped graphics probably took its toll.
Recommended Specs: OS: Windows Vista or newer Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K or equivalent Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or equivalent DirectX: Version 9.0c Storage: 22 GB available space Sound Card: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard audio chip Additional Notes: 1) Supports Keboard + Mouse and XInput / DirectInput devices including Xbox 360, Xbox One, DualShock and Steam Controller. 2) Some high end integrated graphics chips and modern gaming laptops with a discrete GPU may work but have not been tested, nor are they officially supported by Capcom.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is available for preorder on Steam for $29.99 / € 29.99 / £ 24.99.
Are you excited about Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? Will you consider purchasing it? Let us know in the comments.