Dragon Quest Builders 2, the sequel to the 2016 sandbox game set in the Dragon Quest universe, has been announced. Players will be able to embark on a new journey when the game releases July 12.
In the world of Dragon Quest Builders 2, an evil cult known as the Children of Hagron (the villain of Dragon Quest 2) are seeking to eliminate all creators. To do this, they've outlawed cooking, building, and the creation of all things. They've also captured all the builders of the world. All hope seems lost until you, a young apprentice, escape from the cult and wash up on the island of Awakening. There, you team up with the mysterious young amnesiac Malroth to become a full-fledged builder and defeat the Children of Hagron.
As the sequel to Dragon Quest Builders, the game brings a charming single player campaign and a robust multiplayer building mode. For the first time, up to four players can join together at the same time to take on huge construction projects. The game also features a variety of new features not seen in the first game:
- Construct bigger structures with more variety and options than before,
- Travel faster by soaring, swimming and dashing through the expansive world,
- Inspire villagers to help out alongside them,
- Create their own farms and raise a multitude of crops,
- Divert flowing water to create your own rivers, waterfalls, and swimming holes,
- First-person mode and more.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 releases on the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch July 12 for $59.99.