Ubisoft has announced that The Division 2 will be receiving a full year of free post-launch content. The content will range from Episodes, major content updates with new narratives and missions, new PvE and PvP modes, and new Specializations (each of which will have their own new signature weapon and skill trees). The first announced parts of the post-launch content for The Division 2 are:
- Tidal Basin - shortly after launch, will introduce a new stronghold held by the Black Tusks.
- Operation Dark Hours - soon after launch, will be the first 8-player raid in the history of The Division.
- Episode 1, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions - Summer 2019, will take players to the surrounding areas of Washington to fight for the liberation of the city in two additional main missions, a new game mode to investigate the fate of a lost convoy, encountering unexpected threats along the way.
- Episode 2: Pentagon: The Last Castle - releasing in Autumn 2019, will add additional main missions, with players storming the Pentagon and unveil secrets that hide beneath one of America’s most iconic locations.
- Episode 3 - Winter 2019 will close the first chapter of The Division 2 story and pave the way for more content in the future.
This content will be free to all players, but those that purchase the Division 2 Year 1 Pass will get a leg up on others when it comes to the new content. Year 1 Pass holders will get 7 day early access to all Year 1 Episodes narrative content, instant access to Year 1 Specializations when they release (non-holders will need to grind to unlock them), 8 Classified Assignments revealing more about the initial fall of D.C., and exclusive cosmetics and in-game activities like base of operations projects and bounties.
Besides the post-launch game content, there will also be skins and other cosmetics available for purchase with real money at launch with cosmetic loot boxes called Apparel Caches being added shortly after launch.
The Division 2 releases on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on March 15. If you want to check it out before then, The Division 2's open beta is running today through Monday.