A NeoGAF user who goes by the name of 'The Shogun' has leaked details of GTA V on PS4 from a closed door GameStop Manager's Conference in Anaheim.
The Shogun claims they were in attendance at that conference and have released details on the changes made to the game. Their original post seen below details improvements to draw distance, foliage, anti aliasing, and reworked water rendering.
Ok, so a few responses.Rockstar has seemingly confirmed all of the above on their newswire page, as well as release dates! GTA V will release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18th, 2014 with the PC version to follow January 27th, 2015. PC owners still have a while to wait unfortunately.
1. I saw this at the GameStop Manager’s Conference in Anaheim Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed-doors presentation.
2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side, etc.
3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree bark has been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers, etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.
4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first, amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre-baked. In the remaster its all pre-loaded in real-time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.
5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous
6. No release date given. They simply said “soon”.
7. Animal texture work has been 100 % redone.
8. Anti-aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.
9. Promised “new” content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.
10. Best remaster I’ve seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences
The original post by The Shogun.
Rockstar has also announced exclusive content for the console versions, with bonuses for people coming from the last gen versions. GTA Online players will be able to transfer their characters and progress from old gen, which is a relief to many I would imagine, as well as enjoying an increased player count in lobbies. Something that wasn't mentioned was frame rate. Will Rockstar be able to go the whole 60fps? Or will they only be able to achieve a constant 30fps on the consoles and 60fps on the PC?
Above is the newest trailer for GTA V released moments ago. It certainly looks amazing, but only time will tell if it'll be enough for players to buy GTA again. Are you excited for GTA on next gen and PC? Or has it run its course already on last gen?