Darkest Dungeon, the dungeon crawling roguelike title from Red Hook Studios, has been in early access for sometime now, but announced a release date of January 19th earlier this year. It turns out that this will be for the PC version, as John Lindvay recently revealed that Darkest Dungeon will be released on PS4 and PS Vita next year.
“We’ve been working on Darkest Dungeon since April 2013. And coming up this December, a major milestone is happening: for the first time ever we’ll be showing Darkest Dungeon running on PS4! Seeing your game running on a console is a big deal for any developer, and we couldn’t be more excited. We’ve always been proud of our game’s visuals, but seeing it on a large TV… it’s never looked better.”
Darkest Dungeon on PS4 will be previewed at Playstation Experience on December 5-6, giving players a chance to see Darkest Dungeon in action before the actual release. Spring 2016 is the intended release date for Darkest Dungeon on Playstation platforms.
Even those who are already planning to play Darkest Dungeon on PC or are taking part in the early access will have more updates to look forward to before release. The Inhuman Bondage update is due for November 30th and introduces a brand new class for players to send into the depths: The Abomination. Two brand new enemies will also be included as part of this update.
While not part of the update itself, Red Hook Studios shared some information about new features and other goals they hope to have finished by release.
- Subtitles will be in the final build
- All game text content will be localized to a number of languages – exact list will be confirmed at a later date.
- Regular Dev Streams will be starting back up!
- Time allowing, we want to upgrade and enhance the behaviors and skills of some existing monsters, to bring them closer to the diversity of mechanics that we see happening in the Cove.
- That big UI/UX/Tutorial thread had a good deal of actionable items we had our own concerns about but were echoed by our community. We are going to try to incorporate some of that feedback before launch, and will look for opportunities to improve other items post-launch as we roll out other updates and expansions.
- More additions to the soundtrack at launch!
Darkest Dungeon is currently in early access and available on Steam.