Ironmace, the developer of Dark and Darker, released another for the game's fifth alpha test, including new fixes and improvements.
The dark fantasy PvPvE FPS game, which has been removed from Steam due to a DMCA takedown and a legal dispute with Korean publisher Nexon, is currently being tested by its community with downloads provided via Torrent. In order to download the game, the first patch, and the new one, you need to join the developer's Discord server and follow the instructions on the "community-announcements" channel.
The developers are having to go through some fairly convoluted methods to even share the details to download the required client, as Nexon appears to be actively working to hinder them, for instance by hitting their Twitter account with copyright reports.
Below you can find the patch notes of the new update.
- Fixed several issues regarding dungeon access and rollbacks.
- Fixed an issue where Locust Swarm could deal unintended amounts of damage.
- Fixed an issue where Locust Swarm's extinction animation was unnatural.
- Fixed an issue where the checkbox would not activate even though all items were checked when trading.
- Fixed an issue where new chats were not visible after activating filters on trades.
- Fixed an issue causing monsters to recognize players late.
- Fixed an issue where the Deathskull would not respond to the Bard's playing.
- Fixed an issue where the Bard's could be hit in the effect area while channeling.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Hoard from working properly.
- The Ruins area is slightly brighter.
- Rest fills a small amount of spells again.
- Arrows and bolts can now stack up to 15.
- Cleric Lesser Heal's spell tier has been adjusted from 2 to 3.
- Cleric Locust Swarm spell tier adjusted from 7 to 8 and count adjusted to 1.
- Cleric Locust Swarm damage changed to 2 per second. This will be fine tuned in the future.
- Cleric Earthquake's spell tier has been adjusted from 7 to 8.
- Cleric Resurrection's spell tier has been adjusted from 8 to 7.
- Wizard Meditation channeling time reduced from 30 seconds to 24 seconds, and cooldown reduced from 60 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Rangers start with 30 arrows as an initial supply.
- Ghost King's health decreased slightly.
- Lich's health increased slightly.
The alpha test will conclude on April 19.
Recently, Ironmace has shared a large batch of documents about the development of Dark and Darker to bolster its case against Nexon. At the moment, information on the case is limited and it'd be extremely challenge to predict its outcome.