The Switch version of online four-player co-op shooter Earthfall - titled Earthfall: Alien Horde - has been delayed. The game was originally due to launch for Nintendo's console on October 11th, but will now hit the eShop on October 29th. Developer Holospark hasn't given any reason for this delay.
Earthfall: Alien Horde is a four-player co-op shooter for Nintendo Switch. It's an updated version of Earthfall, which originally launched back in July 2018 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Unlike those versions, Earthfall: Alien Horde will support full four-player local co-op. It'll also contain all of the content updates from the original Earthfall, as well as launching at a reduced price. You can check out the trailer for Earthfall: Alien Horde below:
Here's a list of key features Earthfall: Alien Horde will offer, according to a press release:
- A Horde of Content -- 15 unique locations, including 11 campaign chapters, 5 invasion maps, and tons of unlockable items!
- Hardcore Co-op -- Drop in, drop out and engage in classic four-player co-operative gunplay inspired by the greatest co-op shooters of our time. Now with local co-op, in addition to online play.
- Death from Above -- Fight the horde, a procedurally generated alien menace that makes every gameplay session tense, exciting, fresh, and utterly lethal.
- Well-armed Allies -- Become one of four story-driven characters and battle through an alien-infested plot while utilizing advanced weaponry and printable guns.
- Constructible Defenses – Strategically place barricades that electrify or set the alien scourge afire. Deploy automatic sentries to create the perfect alien killing zones or set up mounted turrets to achieve firepower superiority.
If you're interested in Earthfall: Alien Horde, you'll be able to pre-order it from the Nintendo eShop starting from October 21st. Earthfall: Alien Horde will launch for Switch on October 29th.
Does this delay bother you? Are you looking forward to picking up Earthfall: Alien Horde? Let us know in the comments below!