The Apex Legends System Override patch notes are here and they detail a bunch of new content for Respawn Entertainment's fast-paced battle royale.
The big-ticket item is, of course, the introduction of the System Override Collection Event. As expected, players will be able to unlock a bunch of cool cosmetics. These include a total of 24 event-limited premium cosmetics available through System Override Event Packs, an exclusive Event Prize Track with two Legendary Weapon skins, and a preview of the Octane Heirloom set.
Also arriving is a new Limited Time Mode called Deja Loot. Essentially, all loot will be spawning in static locations for every match; if you found a Peacekeeper at one particular location, it will be at that same location for every game while playing this mode. This brand-new mode will be played on World's Edge for the first week and return to the classic King's Canyon for the second week.
One of the most interesting additions, however, is the new Evo Shield. It starts out weaker than a regular body shield, but this new toy is a sleeping giant. As you do damage to non-downed players, the shield will increase its capacity, eventually becoming stronger than an Epic Body Shield (purple) if you can survive long enough. Progress is tied to the shield and not the player, so you can pick up where the last guy left off.
What are the Meta Changes in the Apex Legends System Override Patch Notes?
In addition to the debut of a new Limited Time Mode and the Evo Shield, the Apex Legends System Override patch notes are also bringing some Meta changes with them. Here's a quick rundown of some of the bigger changes coming in this patch:
Only three of the game's Legends are getting tweaks in this patch.
- Eye of the Allfather scan distance increased by 3x.
- Activation time increased from 0.4 seconds to 0.8 seconds.
- Duration of scan increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Gun Shield health reduced from 75 to 50.
- Primary Weapons will now automatically reload when the player is in drone view.
Gameplay and Weapon Changes
The inventory is getting a bit of a buff as noted in the Apex Legends System Override patch notes, and the Peacekeeper and Sentinel are getting a mixed bag of changes.
- Base inventory slots increased from 8 to 10.
- Common backpack expands inventory to 12 slots.
- Rare Backpack increases it to 14 slots.
- Epic Backpack and Legendary Backpack buffs inventory to a fat 16 slots.
- Magazine size reduced from 6 to 5.
- Reload time increased from 2.5 seconds to 2.65 seconds.
- Reload time with an empty magazine increased from 3.5 seconds to 3.6 seconds.
- Blast pattern scale increased from 1.6 to 1.7.
- Base damage increased from 65 to 70.
- Rechamber time reduced from 1.85 seconds to 1.75 seconds.
And that's it for the highlights! You can find out what else has changed by reading the full Apex Legends System Override patch notes. The System Override Collection Event will arrive on all platforms on March 3, 2020.
What do you think of the changes coming to Apex Legends in this latest patch? Are you excited about the new shield and a bigger inventory? Let us know in the comments below!