Apex Legends Season 4 details have been revealed in a developer stream.
To start, you can watch the full developer stream below if you'd like to get some of this information in video form:
We're coming up on the close of the third season of Apex Legends, and now it's time for the devs to let us know what's coming up next. A new character is on the way, a new gun is arriving, and the competitive scene is getting mixed up a bit.
Forge-ing a New Path
The next Legend coming for Apex Legends Season 4 will be Forge (seen in our header image). The devs say he has a "mean left hook" and is more or less a futuristic version of an MMA fighter
While the devs didn't specify his abilities, the /r/ApexLegends submission on the topic highlights a leaked list of what is believed to be his abilities in a comment:
- Pull Shot: Short range grapple that pulls enemies into you or can be used to launch yourself into the air.
- Ground Slam: Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- K.O. Punch: Jump forward in a direction. Press crouch while airborne to slam into the ground below.
- One-Two: Bull rush in a straight line. If you hit an enemy along the way, press again to do an upper-cut launching you into the air.
- One The Ropes: Enhances your melee to do more damage the lower your health is. Dealing melee damage gives you temporary overshield.
- Victory Rush: Killing a player with a melee attack restores your health and gives you a 30% speed boost for 10 seconds.
Aside from being a rough and tumble fighter, Forge also happens to be sponsored by Hammond Robotics, a company that should be well familiar to Titanfall players. This also marks the first Legend entering the arena at the behest of a corporation rather than for their own reasons.
The Sentinel Rifle
Snipers are getting yet another tool with the addition of the Sentinel rifle. This brand-new weapon is a bolt-action rifle with a charge-up mechanic similar to the rifle of Widowmaker in Overwatch or the Sniper in Team Fortress 2.
Unfortunately, the devs didn't explain much more about this new gun other than how the charge-up mechanic adds in a new factor for decision making.
Apex Legends Season 4 Ranked Changes
Ranked Series 3 (which is, rather confusingly, debuting as part of Apex Legends Season 4) is going to have some changes that are detailed in a news post on the game's official website.
Firstly, the devs broke down the skill distribution of players who had at least five hours of Ranked gameplay in the previous season
- Bronze 3.9% 5.1%
- Silver 40% 29.1%
- Gold 35.7% 35.3%
- Platinum 16.8% 23.6%
- Diamond 2.1% 7.1%
- Apex Predator 0.2% 1.0%
It was a bit easier to reach Apex Predator in the last season, so they're introducing a new "Master" tier. Here are the qualifications for reaching the new tiers in Ranked Series 3:
- Bronze: No requirement
- Silver: 1,200 RP
- Gold: 2,800 RP
- Platinum: 4,800 RP
- Diamond: 7,200 RP
- Master: 10,000 RP
- Apex Predator: Top 500 Players (by platform)
The soft reset for this new series will remain the same; everyone will be dropped by 1.5 Tiers at the start of the next competition.
You can read more details about these upcoming changes in the news post discussing them. Apex Legends Season 4 begins February 4, 2020.
What do you think of the changes to Apex Legends for its fourth season? Do you think the new Legend will be popular? Let us know in the comments below!