The upcoming Animal Crossing: New Horizons update will introduce limited-time island tours (a way to make custom trailers of your island), a Custom Design Portal update, more seasonal items, and a Custom Design Pro Editor + update. There's actually a decent amount of stuff included in the new patch and outside of the game, so let's take them one at a time, shall we?
What's coming the next Animal Crossing update?
- 1st Anniversary Cake: Nook Inc. has made a 1st Anniversary Cake to commemorate Animal Cross: New Horizons' first anniversary. It will be sent to your in-game inbox after the update has been installed.
- Sanrio Amiibo Cards: Starting March 28, the Animal Crossing Sanrio Collaboration Pack will be available for purchase at Target Stores across the U.S. for $5.99. This will allow players to use the six amiibo cards to invite "cute and colorful Animal Crossing residents" to the island. They are inspired by popular Sanrio residents, and these include Rita, Chai, and Toby. The amiibo cards also let you exchange bells for special Snario-themed furniture and fashion items in-game. You can also invite the characters to a photo session in Photopia.
- Custom Design Pro Editor +: The Custom Design app is getting an upgrade. Use your Nook Miles at the Nook Stop to unlock the feature. This will allow players to customize umbrellas, small flags, uchiwa, and photo stands. There are also 50 slots added to the Normal Custom Design mode and Pro Custom Design mode.
- Custom Design Portal: The Custom Design Portal can now be added from the Able Sisters store directly to your in-game NookPhone app.
- Seasonal Items: A variety of whoopee cushions can be ordered between March 26 and April 1 from the in-game Nook Shopping service. You can also prep for prom season between April 1 and April 30. You can order prom-themed items such as a prom night wall, prom night flooring, and a prom stash.
- Island Tour Creator: Starting from a newly launch app on March 23 until the end of the year, players will be able to use a limited-time web service that can use screenshots and footage captured from Animal Crossing: New Horizons to create a poster and a trailer for your island. Share your favorite spots on your island or whatever comes to mind.
What else has been going on with Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
- Build-A-Bear Collaboration: Build-A-Bear Workshop will launch an Animal Crossing: New Horizons collection soon through their website. If you are interested, sign up here.
- Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary-Themed Items: Players will be able to use clothing themed after Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Wario bought from the Nook Shopping Terminals later this month. Super Mushroom and ? block furniture can also be ordered, as well as Warp Pipe items to travel between locations on your island.
I bet you're wondering when this is all coming, eh? Animal Crossing: New Horizons' latest patch will be released on March 18, 2021.