Beginning today and lasting until March 12 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition will be holding an anniversary celebration event.
The Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Anniversary Event will let players complete in-game tasks to earn nostalgic changes and additions that throw things back to their original looks. Rewards during the event include:
- New Profile Icons
- Unique Unit Skins, visually transforming units into their ancestors
- A new Cheat Code, bringing the Photon-Man to Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- The classic Wololo chant for your Monks
All of the rewards will be permanent after the event ends, but you will only have until March 12 to make sure you unlock them all. Here's a full list of all of the tasks you will need to complete and what they each unlock.
- Sign into Xbox Live: Unlocks the Priest Profile Icon,Unlocks original Age of Empires Scout Skin for your Auto-Scout unit
- Earn the “21st Century” Achievement in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition: Unlocks the Photon-Man cheat code
- Train a Champion in any Standard or Multiplayer Game: Unlocks the Legion Skin for your Champions
- Reach Castle Age from Dark Age in any Standard or Multiplayer Game: Unlocks the Legion Profile Icon
- Convert an Enemy Unit using a Monk in any Standard or Multiplayer Game: Unlocks the Priest skin for your Monks
- Reach Imperial Age from Dark Age in any Standard or Multiplayer Game: Unlocks the Party Man Profile Icon
- Construct a Wonder in any Standard or Multiplayer Game: Unlocks the classic Wololo sound for Monk conversions
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is a huge content offering with tons of replayability and this event is meant to celebrate the impact the game has had for many people. If you haven't given the Age of Empires series a look yet, now is a great time to give it a chance.
What are some of your best memories from the Age of Empires series? What classic content would you want to see added back into the definitive edition?