4.7 Million New Lost Ark Accounts Created Since Launch, Amazon Says

Smilegate and Amazon Games have seen huge success with Lost Ark since its launch in the West.

Published: February 16, 2022 2:35 PM /


New Lost Ark Accounts Since launch cover

A total of 4.7 million new Lost Ark accounts have been created since Smilegate and Amazon Games' MMOARPG launched in the West -- and it's barely been out a week.

The launch of Lost Ark has proven to be a massive success for Smilegate and Amazon Games. The playercount on Steam peaked at 500,000 during the three-day Head Start period for Founder's Pack owners, and that exploded to an all-time peak of 1,325,305 as reported by SteamDB.

The game has been so popular that the devs had to temporarily halt new character creation on some servers -- that's not a surprise when a game sells more than 1.5 million Founder's Packs in just a few days. Now, we've learned some new, up-to-date numbers that show Lost Ark has been a smash success in its first week of release in the West.

New Lost Ark Accounts Since launch slice

Nearly 5 Million New Lost Ark Accounts (and Counting)

A total of 4.7 million new Lost Ark accounts have been created during the game's Western launch according to a press release from Smilegate and Amazon Games. What's even more impressive is the fact that this number is from just the first three days of launch -- it's likely much bigger by now. Adoption of this new game is roughly evenly split between the Americas and Europe; 55% of these new players were in the Americas and the remaining 45% came from Europe.

People aren't just playing this new game -- they're watching other people play it, too. More than 112,000 individual streams were live during the launch period, totaling 1.2 million concurrent viewers and 59.9 million hours watched.

It's only February and Lost Ark is certainly shaping up to be one of the biggest games of the year -- you can play Lost Ark for free on PC right now via Steam. Make sure to check out our review!

Have you played Lost Ark yet? What's your favorite feature in this new MMOARPG? Let us know in the comments below!

Have a tip, or want to point out something we missed? Leave a Comment or e-mail us at tips@techraptor.net

A photograph of TechRaptor Senior Writer Robert N. Adams.
| Senior Writer

One of my earliest memories is playing Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo Entertainment System. I've had a controller in my hand since I was 4 and I… More about Robert N

More Info About This Game
Learn More About Lost Ark
Game Page Lost Ark
Amazon Games
Release Date
February 11, 2022 (Calendar)
Action RPG, MMO, RPG
Purchase (Some links may be affiliated)