Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has you facing off against deadly opponents, one of whom is a gargantuan creature known as Aoye. This monstrosity, a hybrid of a cow and an octopus, is the stuff of nightmares, and it will prove to be a challenge. Here's our guide to help you beat Aoye in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
How to beat Aoye in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Aoye is the boss of In Search of the Immortal Wizard, the fifth main mission in the campaign. What might seem like a quaint trek in lush valleys would lead you to its lair, so be prepared for a huge bout.
To defeat Aoye in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, you'll want to familiarize yourself with its attacks:
- Melee strikes - Aoye's regular melee swings can be categorized into two (assuming you're facing it). Attacks coming from your left are usually thrusts or smashes, meaning the deflection timing is faster. Meanwhile, attacks coming from your right are usually slices or swings, which means there's a wind-up animation before you're actually hit. Make note of these whenever you need to deflect.
- Frozen Ground - The boss will create patches of icicles on the ground which will deal damage.
- Leaping Smash - When it jumps into the air, it will crash back down on the ground. Be sure to deflect this or it's going to hurt.
- Ten-drill - This is a lightning-fast, multi-hit attack. It's not enough to deflect the first blow - you'll actually need to deflect all of them if you don't want to take damage.
- Battering Ram - When the boss moves backward and glows red, it will do a vicious charge that will likely take you out.
- Rush and Chomp - This is a lunging move where the boss will chew on your character.
Hong Jing is your default companion in this level, though you could try to bring one more just to aid you. With a bit of practice, you should be able to beat the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Aoye boss fight.