Our V Rising Hallowed Mountains Bosses Guide will tell you what you need to know to beat the terrifying creatures in the eastern mountains. Let's dive right in!
V Rising Hallowed Mountains Bosses Guide - Frostmaw the Mountain Terror (Level 56)
Where to Find Frostmaw the Mountain Terror
Frostmaw the Mountain Terror can be found patrolling the roads on the Hallowed Mountain. You'll likely have to run around a bit before you find him. Fortunately, there isn't much in the way of other threats here save for the occasional Arctic Bear.
What Do You Get for Beating Frostmaw the Mountain Terror
- Basic Ability (Frost) - Ice Nova
- Recipe - Scroll
How to Beat Frostmaw the Mountain Terror
Frostmaw has two attacks in the first half of the fight:
- Two swipes of his claws, followed by a leap and a double claw swipe.
- Frostmaw will charge up a nova of ice -- if it hits you, he will follow it with melee strikes (if you're close) or three ice bolts (if you're further away).
Get Frostmaw below half health and his attacks will severely escalate with some new additions:
- Frostmaw will start a blizzard, partially obscuring the screen. Ice will explode out of the ground and damage you if it hits. At the same time, Frostmaw will dash at you and swing with both claws -- if he hits you, you'll be Frozen.
- Bear in mind that this Blizzard spell will continue even if you kill him or have already fed on him. This makes Frostmaw the Mountain Terror one of the rare bosses that can kill you after he's already died.
- Frostmaw will charge at you and hit you with both claws, freezing you if he hits you.
- Frostmaw will fire a powerful freezing beam, sweeping the screen from one side to another.
The combination of his melee attacks and afflicting the Frozen debuff can make this a tricky fight. If you can tough it out, though, you can beat him.
Recommended Gear & Skills for Frostmaw the Mountain Terror
Frostmaw the Mountain Terror can be a surprisingly tough fight considering his level, largely due to the debuffs he can afflict on you and the difficulty of dodging. Therefore, it may be a good idea to wait until you have Merciless Hollowfang armor and Merciless Iron weapons or better, just to give yourself a little extra protection.
At least one defensive spell is a good idea here, especially because the freezing beam is virtually unavoidable. It may even be a good idea to bring two defensive spells to help protect you from the constant onslaught of attacks in the latter half of the fight.
How to Beat Frostmaw the Mountain Terror Solo
Fighting Frostmaw the Mountain Terror is highly challenging as a solo fight. Even though he doesn't have any adds, the constant Frozen debuffs will make dodging difficult.
Try to keep Frostmaw at range and use defensive Skills to absorb the attacks you can't dodge. Just take care not to run too far down to road -- if you move too far away from where the fight started, Frostmaw will reset.
V Rising Hallowed Mountains Bosses Guide - Terrorclaw the Ogre (Level 68)
Where to Find Terrorclaw the Ogre
You can find Terrorclaw the Ogre in the Frozen Cave in the southeastern section of the Hallowed Mountains.
What Do You Get for Beating Terrorclaw the Ogre
- Ultimate Ability (Frost) - Arctic Leap
How to Beat Terrorclaw the Ogre
Terrorclaw the Ogre has three attacks at the start of the fight:
- A wave of frozen spikes that will Freeze you if it hits.
- A three-hit melee combo.
- A leaping bite attack that will inflict the Chill debuff.
Once you get him to around half health, Terrorclaw will slam the ground and cause ice crystals to fall from the sky. You'll be stunned if any of these falling crystals hit you. Terrorclaw will also have some new attacks:
- Terrorclaw will grab an ice crystal and throw it at you like a spear; you'll be Stunned if it hits you.
- You can hide behind ice crystals for cover, but he may throw his ice crystal anyway. It's important to note that the standing ice crystals won't actually block Terrorclaw's shot.
- You can also destroy the ice crystals to prevent him from using them, but he respawns them so quickly that it probably isn't worth it.
- Terrorclaw will slam the ground to replenish his supply of ice crystals.
- Two fast-moving waves of frost that will instantly freeze you on contact.
- A roaring attack that will Incapacitate you.
It may be best to fight Terrorclaw from range. Most of his ranged attacks are fairly easy to dodge; simply strafe around the outside of the arena in a continuous circle, firing off crossbow bolts or spells at every opportunity to take a shot.
Recommended Gear & Skills for Terrorclaw the Ogre
Terrowclaw the Ogre is tough as nails, so Dawnthorn Armor and Dark Silver weaponry are the minimum here.
A defensive spell is usually a good idea with bosses that use ranged Skills. If you choose to fight from range, though, it may be a better idea to use two offensive Basic Skills to increase your damage output and end the battle sooner.
How to Beat Terrorclaw the Ogre Solo
It will be very difficult to fight Terrorclaw the Ogre in melee as a solo player; instead, you should focus on fighting from range. If you're confident in your dodging skills, it would be a good idea to have two offensive Basic Skills in order to increase your damage output.
That's the end of our (somewhat shorter than usual) V Rising Hallowed Mountains Bosses Guide! You can learn how to fight the other bosses and other skills by reading our other guides below: