A new Tony Hawk means new secret characters, as a remake of an older Tony Hawk game through Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 is also bringing back a classic character. Officer Dick, the embodiment of an anti-skater security guard, is one of the first secret skaters that was included in the franchise. In an interesting twist, while Officer Dick is back, his model actor is none other than Actor/Musician Jack Black. Below are the requirements to unlock Black's Officer Dick as a playable character.
To Unlock Officer Dick as a playable character, you need to complete the Rags to Riches challenge. To do this though isn't any simple feat... The Rags to Riches challenge has you "Complete all challenges in the Create-a-Skater collection." Each pro skater has their own set of challenges, something to keep gameplay fresh and rewarding, providing players with experience, money, and cosmetics. The player-created skater also has their own objectives to complete. There are 24 in total, and you must complete them all in order to progress.
Some important notes with completing these challenges:
- Obviously they can only be completed with your created skater
- It's worth getting all of the stats for the skater to make getting high combos easier
- Challenges will specify if they need mods like perfect balance off, or if you can use them
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Create-a-Skater Challenges
Non-level Specific Challenges
- 8 Channel TV - Land a 40,000-point combo using only 8 non-Special tricks. Game Mods must be disabled.
Across All Level Challenges
- Seasick - Land a combo greater than the "Sick" Score on any Classic Goal Park. Game Mods must be disabled.
- Siiiiiick - Land a combo greater than the "Sick" Score on 5 Classic Goal Parks. Game Mods must be disabled
- Sicknasty - Land a combo greater than the "Sick" Score on all Classic Goal Parks. Game Mods must be disabled
- Gaps, Gaps, Gaps - Land any Gap on all available Classic Parks
Specific Level Challenges
- High Flier - Land a 15,000-point combo off Hangar's Flyin' High Gap.
- Up on the Roof - Land a 20,000-point combo off School II's Drop Out Roof Gap, using at least 1 Grind Trick.
- Mallway Space - Land a 25,000-point combo off Mall's For the Atrium Gap, using at least 1 Grab Trick.
- Downtown Dirty - Land a 30,000-point combo off Downtown's Dirty Rail Gap, using at least 1 Lip Trick.
- Beach Party - Land a 35,000-point combo off Venice Beach's All the Way Gap, using at least 1 Grind Trick.
- Poolside Burn - Land a 40,000-point combo off Burnside's Over Da Pool Gap, using at least 1 Grab Trick.
- How Stimulating - Land a 45,000-point combo off Philly's Manual Stimulation Gap, using at least 2 Reverts.
- Grey Was Here - Land a 50,000-point combo off Roswell's Grey Grind Gap, using at least 1 Manual and a Lip Trick.
- Re-Revert - Land a 15,000-point combo with at least 2 Reverts, a Grab trick, and no Grinds or Specials. Game Mods must be disabled
- Halfpipe Dream - Land a 20,000-point combo with both a Grab and Lip trick, and no Specials. Game Mods must be disabled.
- Grindy Grabby - Land a 30,000-point combo with a Grab Trick, a Grind Trick, and no Manuals or Reverts. Game Mods must be disabled.
- 3 Moves Down - Land a 3-move combo worth 20,000+ points with no Specials. Game Mods must be disabled.
- 5 and Away - Land a 5+ move combo with at least 1 Revert, using no Grinds, Specials, or Flatlands. Game Mods must be disabled.
- Lips 'n Stuff - Land a 10,000-point combo with only a Non-Special Lip Trick and a Revert. Game Mods must be disabled.
- Salt Flats - Land a 15+ move combo using only non-Special Flip tricks and Flatlands. Game Mods must be disabled.
- Be Special - Land a 25+ move combo with no Grind Tricks and at least 1 Special. Game Mods must be disabled.
Competition Medal Challenges
- Go for the Gold - Earn a Gold medal on any competition park. Game Mods must be disabled.
- 4, but Never Fourth - Earn a Gold Medal Score on any four competition parks. Game Mods must be disabled.
- Goldenrob - Earn a Gold Medal on every competition park. Game Mods must be disabled.
It will take time and practice to get there, but after all 24 challenges have been completed, you'll be able to hit the streets as Officer Dick. If you want a bit of a taste of what he'll be like, Officer Dick is also the one driving the golf cart around in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2's School II level.
Jack Black also released a video over on his YouTube channel, JablinskiGames, showing off the process that Vicarious Vision went through to capture his likeness.
Were you able to get Jack Black's Officer Dick in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2? Were there any that you got really stuck on? Did you also unlock the Alien secret character?