If you prefer to get up close and personal with your enemies, the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer class may be the one for you. Placing a focus on melee damage, critical hits, and movement speed can help you come out victorious in any encounter. Check out our Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer guide to get a headstart on how to best build out this class.
Tiny Tina's Wonderland Stabbomancer Guide - Character Creation
Designing your own character is the first thing you'll do in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, giving you autonomy over who you'll be playing for the foreseeable future! The first portion of the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands character customization process is cosmetic, allowing you to build and design the look of your character, choosing between different voice pitches, body types, and pronouns. Once you finish that, you'll be able to select the Stabbomancer background that'll determine your base set of stats and how many points you can allocate to each stat.
Seeing as the Stabbomancer puts a focus on melee attacks (so you can stab things), you can expect to spend a lot of time getting up close and personal with enemies while playing as this class. Because of this, Village Idiot is one of the best options for Stabbomancer.
By default, the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer class offers standard buffs to critical hit damage, making you a more deadly assassin. The Village Idiot build can help you continue to build on your critical damage and focus on adding multipliers to your melee attacks. You can think of Village Idiot as a way to brute force your way through the game, starting you off with 12.5% Strength critical damage and 8.0% Dexterity, increasing the likelihood of critical hits. Your spell cooldown will be reduced by 3%, but spellcasting will be primarily a tertiary ability, and you can commit more skill points toward Intelligence later in the game if you'd like to bulk that up.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer Guide - Skill Tree
The Tiny Tina's Wonderlands skill tree can further sharpen your skills by unlocking permanent enhancements, but which ones should you choose? For our Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer guide, we found there were two main routes you can go when building out the skill tree. One that focuses on strength and critical damage, while the other focuses on speed and versatility.
Let's start with focusing on damage.
- Start in tier 1, add some points to Arsenal for damage increases across Melee, Spell and Gun attacks. If you'd like to combine this with the Potent Poisons skill for increased Status Effect damage, feel free to.
- In the second tier, unlock Follow Up, which will deal increased melee damage after gun damage, making focusing on combo attacks a key to success with the Stabbomancer class. Exploit Their Weakness is also a good choice in this tier, which allows you to deal increased damage when a status effect is on.
- In tier 3 opt for Shadow Step, which guarantees that the next melee attack after a kill will be a critical hit for a short period of time, and in tier 4 the Sneak Attack skill increases critical hit damage when attacking from stealth.
- Next up in tier 5, unlock A Thousand Cuts, which increases damage dealt for a short duration after landing a critical hit, and finally in Tier 6 there's the Executioner's Blade. When you score a critical hit with a gun or spell, there's a chance it'll create an Ethereal Blade above the target that will impale them. Even when going up against heavily armored enemies, this build will help you deal lots of damage in a short period of time.
If you prefer to be quick and nimble, you can focus on the speed attributes in the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer skill tree.
- In tier 1 add some points to Haste, which increases melee attack speed and movement speed, then in tier 2 select Swift Death for increased damage while moving.
- For the third tier opt for Nimble Fingers, which will increase fire rate and spell damage for a short time whenever you deal melee damage.
- For tier 4, go for Elusive to be a truly deadly assassin while on the run, as it enables you to shoot and sprint at the same time. You'll also have the chance to evade incoming damage.
- A Thousand Cuts in tier 5 grants an increase to damage dealt after a critical hit, and you can round things off with the Executioner's Blade in tier 6 for a chance to add some impaling damage to gun and spell critical hits.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer Guide - Hero Stats and Gear
As you level up in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, you can spend Hero Points to further build out your skillset. Strength and Dexterity are both great skills to buy into early in the game, but you can also add Wisdom to increase status damage, as well as Constitution to increase your max HP and Ward stats. If you're going with Stabbomancer, you're likely going to want to be in close quarters combat with many enemies, wielding swords, battleaxes and other deadly weapons. This can leave you vulnerable to a variety of attacks, from spells to ranged archers and gunners, so being able to take a hit is important.
At level 2 you'll unlock the Ghost Blade ability, allowing you to toss out a rotating blade that deals melee damage based on your equipped melee weapon. Reach level 7, and you can access From The Shadows, which enters your character into a stealth state where all damage dealt will be critical hits, but those hits will deal reduced damage.
As for which Stabbomancer weapons you should select, you're going to want to find a melee weapon that you love using stats that complement your playstyle. You'll pick up countless guns, so be sure to have some SMGs and sniper rifles on hand to deal mid- and long-range damage when you're unable to run into the thick of the fight. Add in a favorite spell, and you'll be able to hit enemies with multi-weapon combos that can enhance each other's damage.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Stabbomancer Guide - Strengths and Drawbacks
When you compare the Tiny Tina's Wonderlands classes, you'll find that there's a drawback no matter what you select. The Stabbomancer excels at close-quarters combat, you'll have some difficulty when it comes to dealing with super powerful enemies that pack a punch. Likewise, groups of ranged attackers can cut down your Ward and HP before you get close enough to effectively launch a counterattack. Build up your skill tree to enhance not only the damage you deal, but the combo buffs the Stabbomancer can enjoy when you pair melee, gun and spell damage. Choose your Stabbmoancer skills wisely, and you'll be a force to be reckoned with no matter which enemies you face in Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.
Enjoy our Stabbomancer Guide? Check out more below: